Patriotic Voices Political Forum

Our goal is to modernize conservatism and to restore the governmental focus to where it should always be: on the citizen. We believe in rights and liberty, the constitution, and smaller government. We're basically going to be what the Tea Party should have become before it was corrupted.​

Yeah, I know - I have a big mouth.

But you asked!

Firstly, the tea party was corrupted before it started. It was largely underwritten by **** Armey, the same old, same old batch of Texas criminals, hitmen and lawyers (Tom Delays buddy, etc.) who gave us Enron and lots of other fun. There were SOME innocents who went into it - not knowing who was pulling the strings - who meant well and still probably do....but that's part history.

Both the Tea Party - and perhaps your movement - are attempts to rebrand the Republican party (or the right) because, frankly, after the performance of 2000 to 2008, even uttering the name "Bush" or "Republican" was verboten, so another disguise has to be worn. I have proof of this written by a high ranked GOP official (friend of Guliani's and part of his Prez run)....if you want to see it, let me know.

But let me be a bit more constructive if you are dead serious about the actual movement - as opposed to your site or what you have already worked on.

The quoted part above contains two basic parts - the later is the same old, same old - could be copied word for word from slogans that, for some reason, none of us heard much until about Feb of 2009.

But the interesting part, IMHO, is "modernize conservatism". To truly do that, you first of all have to even define what conservatism is - and then define what modern is. Neither are clear at all. Conservatism is usually a call to return to some "good old days" and "way it was" or "tradition"...that often never existed, but sounded good. This could be the bible, the nuclear family, shootouts at the OK corral, etc.

So, in one or two sentences, define modern conservatism in a DIFFERENT way than the same choice of words as thousands of others who define the "old" one.

Let me give you an example. I am certainly about as tolerant and liberal as they come. But one of my favorite sites and bookmarks for a decade was antiwar.com. I've given them money many a time.
If you know the site, you probably know that it is run by a VERY conservative/libertarian org.

That's one example for you. They "modernized" by appealing to people like me and those from all ends of the political spectrum. They applied the exact same ruler to Bush as they did to Clinton.

If you can do that - and it's hard - then you will truly be "thinking differently". But if you use the same tired old slogans as now (Obamacare in your main about page, for instance), then you are no different than the rest...IMHO.

Noted. I'd reply but I don't want to cause trouble for our mods. I happen to like our mods here :)

Debates here tend to become out of control fast lol.

I actually have some plans for the site soon. I'm going to separate the forums from the site and make the forums more neutral. I have a good domain for it.

politicalfaction.com

Noted. I'd reply but I don't want to cause trouble for our mods. I happen to like our mods here :)

Debates here tend to become out of control fast lol.

I actually have some plans for the site soon. I'm going to separate the forums from the site and make the forums more neutral. I have a good domain for it.

politicalfaction.com

Sorry, I thought you asked........so went in with all guns blazing!

However, I think you will find some non-partisan or debatable tidbits in that last part about modernization. That is, ask yourself regularly if there are talking points being thrown...or if something is truly modernized.

Good luck. I like the look.

Top Bottom