PhotoPost Pro and XenForo integration

No, but "Like" is a basic function of XF, and so any software should try to add features to make it "feel" like its core, so including a Like function on something as big as a Gallery is kind of integral to me.

Agreed.

Xenforo was developed to bring forums into the future not in the past and a gallery (for me) needs to be very tightly integrated into the xenforo system, as kk stated, feeling part of the core. Any developer that doesn't follow this path is wasting a golden opportunity and for that alone I wouldn't consider a partially integrated gallery as a solution.

Whether we like "like" or not it's a big part of xenforo and this is just one of many features that needs to be integrated into a xenforo gallery.

Agree with King Kovifor 100%. A developer needs to have vision, anything less than that will not do at all.

Edit: Maybe I'm going mad, but is the demo of xenforo photopost gallery using vbulletin imagery?

I definitely won't be using this and wouldn't advise anyone else to either in it's current state. I like king kovifer's vision on what a xenforo gallery needs to be and will gladly support KK product.

I definitely won't be using this and wouldn't advise anyone else to either in it's current state. I like king kovifer's vision on what a xenforo gallery needs to be and will gladly support KK product.
There are those who are already using PP gallery, classifieds and review.
I wouldn't expect any new licenses to be sold in order to use it.

I have photopost pro integrated into VB & I hate it with a passion. I have set it up several times to test it out for a site only to not implement it because my test users and myself end up just getting pissed at it.

It is functional and a good option for those how absolutely must have a separate photo gallery, but I find it to be a pain. The integration is second rate, it is buggy, core features don't work (or did not when I last fought with it) and to top it off when you ask for support in the forum Chuck is just as apt to give you a snarky reply than an actual answer to a question. And yes Chuck I still have the example(s) if I must post them. And forget about feature requests as it is like pulling teeth.

I recommend the product as a basic photo sharing gallery, but not without stating that it can be just as much of a pain as a solution.

If you guys are that pissed just use Coppermine like a lot of other forums do.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...o gallery&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=coppermine pho

You can't beat the price !!

Coppermine is free software and is being released under the GNU GPL license. It is encouraged that you make modifications to its source. We encourage you to share changes you make to Coppermine to enhance its functionality and direct your friends to download Coppermine. More details can be found within the license file distributed along with Coppermine or on our community.

No warranty provided.

Coppermine is provided "as is" and without any warranty. Any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the authors be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages arising in any way out of the use or misuse of this package.

http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/gallery/index.php?cat=9

This is open source software, any developer can write a mod for it.

I really don't understand why everything needs to be integrated with your forum engine anyway.

What if you change forum software, will your photo portal go down then ?

I think stand alone software might be better than tying in everything to your forum script anyway, I sure wish I had used a stand alone directory script versus vBadvanced link directory now since I have to get off of vB or close down eventually, I will lose my directory when I do this (move to another forum script).

I really don't understand why everything needs to be integrated with your forum engine anyway.

What if you change forum software, will your photo portal go down then ?

Just like your forum, you migrate.

I think stand alone software might be better than tying in everything to your forum script anyway, I sure wish I had used a stand alone directory script versus vBadvanced link directory now since I have to get off of vB or close down eventually, I will lose my directory when I do this (move to another forum script).

Try telling your users that they have to create another account in the gallery in order to upload pictures to it.

An iterated gallery is a must. You can take advantage of user group permission and offer extra disc space, control ads, etc for a premium through paid subscriptions. A consistent look and feel will also benefit your members.

It is functional and a good option for those how absolutely must have a separate photo gallery, but I find it to be a pain. The integration is second rate, it is buggy, core features don't work (or did not when I last fought with it) ....
I recommend the product as a basic photo sharing gallery, but not without stating that it can be just as much of a pain as a solution.
I am looking for something close to PhotoPost vBGallery as far as intergration and easy of use go. What I like about PhotoPost is that it's been around for a while. To me it means support will not disappear into thin air as it happens with free add-ons or even some paid once. I am afraid sometime after Galleria released, King Konifor might say "Sorry I am too busy with my college studying". Similar thing happened to Mary and the guy behind GARS. As far as Chuck goes, I have no problem communicating with him. He's always there.

Unless the guys from vBAdvanced convert their product and add an XF compatible product (I'd not be overly surprised if they did at some point).

So now I am waiting for the co-lawsuits to be settled and for Brian to create a directory mod for XF !!!

Can my life suck any more than it already does ??

I need to get outside, pick up a hammer and keep working on my buildings, it makes a lot more sense and at least something gets done !!

Top Bottom