MG 1.1 Import from VBulletin Forum 4.2.3 with Photopost Pro 8.5.

AJR

I inherited a VBulletin Forum 4.2.3 with Photopost Pro 8.5. I recognized there is no possibility to import Photopost in XFMG 2.x. directly. So I installed Xenforo 1.5.21 and XFMG 1.1.71.

The Import of all forum data went smoothly without any problems. However the import of the Photopost Gallery does not work.

The Photopost config-inc.php says:

//**************** MySQL Database Configuration ****************//
// PhotoPost database host address, or leave as localhost
$host="localhost";
// PhotoPost's database name
$database=[suppressed];
// MySQL username and password to access PhotoPost's database
//
// These two variables are for the userid and password needed to access
// the PhotoPost database named above.
$mysql_user=[suppressed];
$mysql_password=[suppressed];
// User database host address, or leave as localhost
$host_bb="localhost";
// If you want to use a prefix for your database, enter it here.
// NOTE: This variable can only be set PRIOR to your first installation of PhotoPost;
// existing databases will not be changed and you will be unable to connect if you change
// this variable after performing a default installation.
$pp_db_prefix = "";
// User database MySQL database name
//
// This is the variable for the User Database; if you are using Internal
// as your registration system, then these variables are the same as the
// ones above. If you are linking to a message board system,
// thse variables should be set to the database, user and password for that
// database.
$database_bb=[suppressed];
// MySQL username and password to access user database
//
// These two variables are for the userid and password needed to access
// the PhotoPost or BB database.
$user_bb=[suppressed];
$password_bb=[suppressed];

I chose XFMG: Import From Photopost - vBulletin

As $database=[suppressed] and $database_bb=[suppressed] have the same values I configured Photopost Database and vBulletin Database with the same access data, corresponding to the config-inc.php content. $pp_db_prefix = "", so I left the importer field empty as well.

The result is:

Error

The table prefix or database name is not correct.

Please help.

Thank you

Andy

The particular error suggests the Photopost login details are incorrect (if it were the vBulletin login details, the error message would be prefixed with vBulletin:), though getting the vBulletin login details correct shouldn't be too much of a challenge as they should be the same login details you used when configuring the vBulletin importer.

So you just need to focus on getting the PhotoPost details correct. Currently, the error suggests they are not correct.

Well I don't know what to do other than entering the data exactly as shown in the config-inc.php file, so exactly as those for the vBulletin login, that worked already as you pointed out.

Could it be that the system is able to open the Photopost database, then, in order to check if it's the right database and the right prefix, looks for a certain table, which is not there, because of what reason ever?

In case this is the reason for the error, do you see any possibility to resolve the problem? So either creating a dummy user table or skipping the check, as the contents of this table shouldn't play any role, because all user data are retrieved from the VBulletin user table, aren't they?

Top Bottom