PhotoPost Pro and XenForo integration

No not at all. Switching integrations have been happening for along time. As long as xenforo has an importer for someone to import there vb content to xenforo all one would need to do on the photopost site is when one switches when we officially support xenforo is rerun install to integrate with xenforo. There has been a script on our site to reset users userid's to the new ones in the new forum for some time. We created that along time ago because of vbulletin's impex importer. It was well known for changing userid's on import so I wrote up a photopost script to remap the userid's along time ago to help in that regard.

Since all your doing any real changes in PhotoPost other than switching an integration type there is no need to import photopost data anywhere else. You use your working install.

As long as xenforo has an importer for someone to import there vb content to xenforo all one would need to do on the photopost site is when one switches when we officially support xenforo is rerun install to integrate with xenforo.

I see so re-running the install imports the photopost data.
I guess when someone tries that we'll know if the xenforo vBulletin importer handles all the Photopost content perfectly.

PP-Pro may not be the most advanced-looking product out there, but it does function extremely well. In my experience, it is the only product that works well with my particular ImageMagick config. My first license couldn't be used to migrate 30k existing pictures, but it currently runs 16k photos on it's own.

My second license represents the latest version and supports a great group of older riders:

http://www.r3owners.net/photoalbum/

When Chuck finishes the integration work for PP-Pro, a migration to XF would be that much closer. However, my existing XF site doesn't have a photoalbum, and I've got a spare PP-Pro license to use :)

Integration tends to be the key factor to the success of a particular forum's photo album use. For example, my IPB site integrates very well with IP.Gallery - so much so that it is easier to use proven strategies for displaying content. It works well for the casual user, but the upcoming 4.0 version will come somewhat closer to what I can do with PP-Pro. The only reason that I don't use PP-Pro on IPB is that it doesn't visually integrate as well for the user.

This is a dilemma for almost any photo-album script that offers forum/portal/blog integration. If the respective developer has made a worthwhile living aligning their efforts with vbulletin, all we can do is hope that they make the same focus for XF integration - which is but one of many available forum options. Even then, the following question is how would users perceive an integrated PP-Pro within an XF site? Would it "flow"?

Well like I said the xenforo code is very young. There are still tons of hard coded variables and this nice young product is sure to change in time. From a PhotoPost company perspective I am merely integrating the two the best I can at this moment as we are working with beta code. My access here is very limited I can not post or see alot of content.

I can tell you since I only have done what I have thus far in my free time which is not alot there are lots of questions left unanswered. For instance for us to take this integration any further than just user login and basic css color scheme compatible the xenforo product would have to be able to be included through some global file like vb use to be and wrapped around to load the header footer headtags of the forum. Then we could work on creating a new set of templates that would be just for xenforo but that of course would be in time if there is the market for that. However that will remain unanswered until I find out if there will be that ability with this product yet. vb was pretty easy if you remember you simply loaded there global file and do some url replacements call there header and footer headtags around the photopost products. You could easily make vb dummy pages.

If there is specific information here on how you can create a dummy page that loads the xenforo header footer headtag stuff please point that out as that would help me give you all a more robust integration. If thats the case then I would be able to create a specific xenforo templated version.

In other words, dont hold your breath for a PhotoPost XF integration. It took them about 9 moths to release VB Gallery for VB 4 after it went gold. PhotoPost also costs more than XF itself, so I doubt many new licenses will be bought.

In other words, dont hold your breath for a PhotoPost XF integration. It took them about 9 moths to release VB Gallery for VB 4 after it went gold. PhotoPost also costs more than XF itself, so I doubt many new licenses will be bought.
You really can't say that. Comparing apples to oranges.
If people find a need for PP, they will buy a license. I already have 2 licenses and would like to use it with XF.

Photopost does what it is designed to do. I wish the code was a little cleaner and more consistent and maybe a newer look.

I am with steven on the liking and tagging. Tagging people in photos doesn't do any good for a site other then to spark comments on photos and really what kind of content are you going to get from comments on photos if someone is tagged in a photo? You might get a few here or there that have keywords related to the topic of your site.

Tagging keywords is a different story and should be a necessity.

Not knowing the integration, I would think it's possible to change the templates.
The important thing for me is the common login and sharing the same style.

Excellent.

Can we use some previous vBulletin-integrated SQL-tables?
I mean, old picture folders (0,1,2,3 etc), and SQL data from PhotoPost integration for vBulletin.

Not a big fan of photo post , i installed review post and it was a horrible experience and from what ive seen of photo post it works the same way, the gallery is why i went with ipB , they offer the ipGallery first party add on and its was better than any forum+photo gallery ive seen anywhere

Not a big fan of photo post , i installed review post and it was a horrible experience and from what ive seen of photo post it works the same way, the gallery is why i went with ipB , they offer the ipGallery first party add on and its was better than any forum+photo gallery ive seen anywhere
Same here but I hold a copy and Im a local board. I just want to have a spot to offer a 10 photo per photographer gallery. Its like a small add on portfolio

Top Bottom