Peggy, seriously.......

In the intrests of science, and this thread, i'm willing to dip my yorkshires in peggy's egg nog.:)

Goodness
giggle.gif

Peggy and Leftie sitting in a tree.....
naughty.gif

Does pudding have a complete different meaning in American English to English English.

Do you guys have things like chocolate pudding or rice pudding. Maybe it is called a different name. Yorkshire pudding looks like a dinner roll to me.

I am wondering of we really speak English over here. Maybe we do speak American.

Does pudding have a complete different meaning in American English to English English.

Do you guys have things like chocolate pudding or rice pudding. Maybe it is called a different name. Yorkshire pudding looks like a dinner roll to me.

I am wondering of we really speak English over here. Maybe we do speak American.
We have that sort of pudding too, but pudding in English English (I hate this ridiculous 'British English' nomenclature) is not tied to viscous slop in a tin, it can encompass Christmas pudding, Yorkshire pudding...

Wikipedia said:
In the United Kingdom and some Commonwealth countries, pudding refers to rich, fairly homogeneous starch- or dairy-based desserts such as rice pudding and Christmas pudding, or, informally, any sweet dish after the main course. The word is also used for savory dishes such as Yorkshire pudding, black pudding, suet pudding and steak and kidney pudding...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pudding

Yorkshire pudding, made from flour, egg, salt and milk and is like a bread where it bakes in hot oil and rises and is full of air.
Bread pudding is made from bread, milk, sugar, egg, raisens and sweeteners and bakes to make a stodgey pudding.

The American definition of 'pudding' is like custard/Angel Delight or something. Pudding in the UK is used as a blanket term for 'desert' in a lot of places, but actual pudding is like hot, stodgey, cake. Yorkshire pudding is basically made from pancake batter and roasted... it's delicious!! (and I can't stand pancakes lol)

The American definition of 'pudding' is like custard/Angel Delight or something. Pudding in the UK is used as a blanket term for 'desert' in a lot of places, but actual pudding is like hot, stodgey, cake. Yorkshire pudding is basically made from pancake batter and roasted... it's delicious!! (and I can't stand pancakes lol)

Exactly Jo , it is the same mix, the same as the batter that goes on fish that you get at the fish and chips shops, just mixed to a different viscosity.

Yorkshire pudding, made from flour, egg, salt and milk and is like a bread where it bakes in hot oil and rises and is full of air.
Bread pudding is made from bread, milk, sugar, egg, raisens and sweeteners and bakes to make a stodgey pudding.
And is completely disgusting (bread pudding).

I completely agree - bread pudding is utterly disgusting! Yorkshire pudding on the other hand, is nothing like it and delicious with gravy and roast beef! :)
It's beginning to sound better - I may have to travel over there to try that.

Peggy, if you want to see disgusting, look up recipes by some woman named Paula Deen (sp?). Then and only then will projectiles of vomit escape your mouth.

Peggy, if you want to see disgusting, look up recipes by some woman named Paula Deen (sp?). Then and only then will projectiles of vomit escape your mouth.
ROFL! I have watched her show, and seen her make a meal. UGGGHHHH!
I'd much rather make something that Rachel Ray makes, than Paula.

Paula Deen calls her cooking southern homestyle cookin'. But honey, I'm from the south, and no true southerner that I have ever known, cooks like that.

If pigs could cook, I imagine they would create dishes like her. I'm a fussy eater, too much butter, oil, or annoying flavors turn me off from eating. Otoh, I can't stand the smell of burnt olive oil, so if I use it for light frying, I do it outside so I don't have to make myself sick.

Top Bottom