Peggy, seriously.......

I looked up my grandma's recipe for eggnog. You might like this better, but making it is a bit more involved.

This serves 8 people, so is good for a party or family get-together -

6 eggs
3 cups milk
8 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cinnamon

To prepare -

In a large bowl, beat the eggs using an electric beater (if available).
Then add milk, followed by the sugar.
Continue beating until mixture thickens slightly.
Add in the vanilla extract and hand stir in.

Pour this mixture into a pitcher, mix in ground nutmeg.

Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (at least 3 hours).
Pour into glasses (or cups), at this point you may add alcohol (rum is best), sprinkle cinnamon on top of eggnog, and serve.

Serves: 8.
No offence intended to you or Grandma, but...

Oh. My. God. Bleurgh.

I think this is what you're looking for Kier
sick.gif

Raw egg = salmonella risk, and even without that cheery thought... Raw egg = blech!!

lol
In fairness, the salmonella risk is primarily from the exterior of the egg shells rather than the yolk or albumen.

You ever hear of kibbeh ?

It is raw ground steak (see above link), not cooked and eaten raw (you can also cook it) with pita bread and oil, no one I know ever got sick from it, but you have to know how to make it so those who eat the meat do not get sick.

Similar to çiğ köfte and steak tartare.

Some foods can safely be eaten raw though, of which steak is one.

You're way too cultured Brogan, no wonder you were given the job on this international forum.

Do I see a Spanish and German Xenforo forum in the future ???

You ever hear of kibbeh ?

It is raw ground steak (see above link), not cooked and eaten raw (you can also cook it) with pita bread and oil, no one I know ever got sick from it, but you have to know how to make it so those who eat the meat do not get sick.
Now THAT makes me want to gag. Oh yeah.

When its done right, its awesome, but it takes time. Make sure you separate the whites and yolks. Basically, you're making a custard from the yolks, which is exactly the same as an ice cream base.
No need to worry about the texture of the whites, because you beat them into almost a meringue. Then you fold the beaten whites 1/4 at a time into the custard to thicken it to a milkshake consistency.
Anyone who thinks they don't like eggnog but likes milkshakes... the problem is you've never had a proper eggnog. I would add that because of the albeit small risk of salmonella, only use pasterized eggs.
Here's a pretty good recipe to follow: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/eggnog-recipe2/index.html
My only disagreement is with the choice of alcohol. I prefer brandy to bourbon.

Top Bottom