Peggy, seriously.......

Fred, we were talking about the raw meat dish, but it can apply to Peggy's egg nog also, like you said to use pasteurized eggs would be better, I'm sure commercial egg nog producers have it down pat.

Hmm.. I've had eggnog a few times, but it never seems to be available since no one in my family ever really drinks it. Not even at Christmas gatherings :(

I just got back from the Supermarket, and in the dairy section right next to the Custard was a newly installed display of a couple of dozen cartons of Egg Nog :|

I wasn't tempted.

It is really good, the packaged stuff is kind of good but not great, the home made stuff is fantastic. I like a little bit of nutmeg in mine.

I looked up my grandma's recipe for eggnog. You might like this better, but making it is a bit more involved.

This serves 8 people, so is good for a party or family get-together -

6 eggs
3 cups milk
8 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cinnamon

To prepare -

In a large bowl, beat the eggs using an electric beater (if available).
Then add milk, followed by the sugar.
Continue beating until mixture thickens slightly.
Add in the vanilla extract and hand stir in.

Pour this mixture into a pitcher, mix in ground nutmeg.

Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (at least 3 hours).
Pour into glasses (or cups), at this point you may add alcohol (rum is best), sprinkle cinnamon on top of eggnog, and serve.

Serves: 8.

Send me some any I will do anything for you. I hope you don't mind me putting a couple of shakes of nutmeg on top.

:)

I just looked up Yorkshire pudding. How can you call that pudding?

Yorkshire pudding looks like a dinner roll.

I entertained some people from Devon here in the USA two different years. When we went out to eat they where a bit confused, I think I understand why now.

I tell you what. I'll create a bridge between eggnog and Yorkshire pudding...

Get a loaf of challah bread, sliced thick. Make sure it is challah, and egg based bread.

As you make your eggnog that evening, make a little extra. While your making it, unwrap your break and let it go stale overnight.

The next morning, soak your stale challah in your leftover eggnog. As it soaks, the egg proteins in the bread and the eggnog meld, creating a bread-custard kind of magic. Introduce each slice to the griddle, 2 minutes each side.

Its the best damned French toast you will ever have. Even better if your eggnog is still laced with your liquor of choice.

I tell you what. I'll create a bridge between eggnog and Yorkshire pudding...

Get a loaf of challah bread, sliced thick. Make sure it is challah, and egg based bread.

As you make your eggnog that evening, make a little extra. While your making it, unwrap your break and let it go stale overnight.

The next morning, soak your stale challah in your leftover eggnog. As it soaks, the egg proteins in the bread and the eggnog meld, creating a bread-custard kind of magic. Introduce each slice to the griddle, 2 minutes each side.

Its the best damned French toast you will ever have. Even better if your eggnog is still laced with your liquor of choice.
hey that sounds like it could be good.

Top Bottom