Add-on [PAID] Full Wordpress/Xenforo bridge

Just an update for anyone waiting on this. I've just sent the first beta copy to a tester and hopefully if everything is okay I'll have it available very shortly.
Really can't wait to see this, get it up and I will definately toss a donation your way.

I'm still lurking here. I'll roll with whatever works for what I need. If not, I will probably just stick to the portal idea (which is far from ideal or perfect, but less work on my part).

Has anyone successfully used xfrocks Wordpress plugin with WP Super Cache? On my installation logged in users are receiving cached pages, even though I've set WP Super Cache to not do so. The xenforo bridge doesn't seem to be adding a wordpress_logged_in_HASH cookie when the user logs in, so WP Super Cache doesn't recognize the user as a logged in user. Any suggestions?
Is it possible to get xfrocks Wordpress plugin to use the wordpress cookies, as when using this plugin you can use things like W3 Total Cache, as its caching logged in users pages, as it seems them as guests.
Fighter1405: Any thoughts to your plugin being compatible with some of the Cache plugins ?

Really can't wait to see this, get it up and I will definately toss a donation your way.
That's very kind of you, but given I'll be releasing it as a paid addon I think it would be inappropriate of me to ask for donations as well. If you'd like a test copy to try with your theme and see how it goes send me a PM :) I agree that they'd be an interesting mix.

Fighter1405: Any thoughts to your plugin being compatible with some of the Cache plugins ?

Based on what was said there it won't work currently as the standard wordpress cookies aren't used (we use the XF cookies). I suppose it'd possible for a future version but it would require significant changes.

Mhh...now if i use your addon i have to be very careful for install wp plugins? This is true? Is better to have a "naked" WP installation?

Mhh...now if i use your addon i have to be very careful for install wp plugins? This is true? Is better to have a "naked" WP installation?
As posted above quite a few WordPress plugins will work, but I can't make any specific promises on individual ones. If there are any you would like me to try in particular let me know and I'll run a test :)

That's very kind of you, but given I'll be releasing it as a paid addon I think it would be inappropriate of me to ask for donations as well. If you'd like a test copy to try with your theme and see how it goes send me a PM :) I agree that they'd be an interesting mix.

Looking good, how are you looking at charging for the plugin?

Just wanted to toss one more post on this, the new Dynamic theme works great with this, can't wait to see it released :D

Thanks a lot, glad you like it :)

Looking good, how are you looking at charging for the plugin?

I wasn't really sure how to go on this route, but after talking to a few people I decided that charging around $40 for a base license was about right (it is never going to be a mass market product). I hope that it seems fair :)

I think $40 is cheap for a good plugin.
Since there is a "quite good" no direct cost Wordpress integration ... that is a safe price.
Presumably people won't pretend like the world is ending if they spent $40 and it "wasn't perfect".

I think people that want Wordpress are more "serious" site admins and well ... time is money.
Certainly $40 is cheap for the plugin + XenDynamic Style.
It is fair to say that the Integration is only part of the solution, people would really like Function integration and Style integration. It goes without saying that the two work hand in hand.
Certainly $40 is way too cheap for the plugin + XenDynamic Style + Support.
Certainly $40 is robbery for the plugin + XenDynamic Style + Support + timely upgrades win Xenforo changes.
Certainly $40 is way way way too cheap for the plugin + XenDynamic Style + Custom Support. Custom support would be for "weirder Xenforo styles and setups" that don't work with the Wordpress Integration.
At the end of the day, it is hard to gauge a fair price for this.
I think you should reserve the right to increase the price.
If you are interested, I suspect you should be able to make some "One Time Extra Support" money for people whom want this but can't get it going. Certainly people can't expect you to be able to get this Addon to work in all situations.
Of course, the real money is getting Xenforo to plugin into Wordpress (different than what this addon is for).

Maybe there should be some yearly support costs.
Xenforo.com is less than ideal for Supporting Addons. It isn't possible to support an addon properly with one thread. If you had a Support site ... I think you should charge more.

So ... I only think time will tell what the addon is worth.
$40 is certainly reasonable.

WordPress has developed and grown substantially over the past two years, so much so that I have started specializing mainly in WP-powered sites. Of course, I still will stress XenForo any time a forum is needed.
Nice to know someone with some good Wordpress skills :)

Sounds good. The first site I will be testing will be http://www.steamgamer.net/ which I have recently resurrected.

In terms of integrating Xenforo styles into Wordpress I am not so sure I really like the way you have to theme Xenforo. Much prefer having to only edit CSS and PHP files as going through the Xen Menu system was driving me nuts :)

Yep, that's mine :) I have a couple of test copies on sites around and I believe the owner of that site found the link from one of those and went ahead and bought it. I'm still finishing up the support site, when it's done I'll post a release thread here on xenforo.com

I'm still finishing up the support site
Nice.
What about teaming up with bambua ?
( I have no idea if he is remotely interested ).
I'm just thinking that there will be style issues with your integration as people want more and more Wordpress / Xenforo blending.
or maybe it would be best that you just sent him all the people that want tweaks. He does do website design.
:)
Maybe he could do some "micro business" of tweaking sites using your addon that don't entirely work with this Dynamic theme ?

Top Bottom