Add-on [PAID] Full Wordpress/Xenforo bridge

I watch Xenscript (fighter's site for the mod) with great interest. The price for the mod is minimal for the potential it can provide.
At the moment, the main roadblock is its incompatibility with major WP addons that I use (and I suspect other sites use as well) such as Gravity Form, W3TC, etc.

I just can't wait to see some of the remaining issues resolved so we can take the next great steps.

Xen Porta is great and I think it has great potential but you can't compare it with the huge development and support community behind WP.

Basically it allows you to have duplicate content but it tells Google which one it should index and pass all PR to. It's great to have it for all your index pages like:
/forums/
/forums/index.php
/forums/index.php?

But the same can be applied here.

Given so many people have made requests for this I have now made some changes to my code which hopefully gives it support for W3 Super Cache. However I don't have any real experience setting up W3 Super Cache and configuring it, nor in monitoring the performance difference it provides. If anyone that is experienced with the caching plugin would be willing to run a test for me and see if they can find any problems before I upload the new version that would be much appreciated, send me a PM.
I sent you a PM but got no response.
Would be nice to know any upcoming fixes, planned features, etc.

How many princesses do I have to release from my dungeons for this to happen?
There is a working version of this ... so you can keep your princesses !

Damien said:
I've found a nice little caching plugin that seems compatible with your plugin, and claims that is does a better job then W3 and co. My overall server load has decreased, and as I pass 140,000 "frontpage" visitors a month (and near 9000 forum members bridged for comments) this is really coming in handy keeping my server running as fast as it possibly can serving the content up.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/db-cache-reloaded-fix/faq/

Looks like this WP caching plugin works for it too :)

Given that most sites have a dozen or more plugins, I think this is a tall order to get an established site fully working with this.
That said, I'll buy and test it in the next few days.

There is merit in your idea. However ... that won't happen ... it isn't realistic to assume that 500 people are going to Paypal $20 to Jaxel. If people could pay Jaxel via Xenforo.com ... it would be more likely to happen. Interesting issues such as why does xenforo not have a gallery ... an articles system ... a downloads addon ... etc are very important questions.

I think it is also unrealistic to suggest Jaxel's XenPorta will rival the mighty Wordpress in terms of flexibility, security, and customizability.

Maybe Xenforo should just hire Jaxel. He is obviously very talented and Xenforo is too busy with other things and features. Seems like a proper CMS, albums, events, etc. are at the bottom of the list. If Xenforo has all these then we could just skip Wordpress altogether and run everything through one software--this one!

BuddyPress, as I understand it, is much more than just a forum. XenForo...is just a forum. So why wouldn't someone want proper integration? It's having all the benefits of an integrated community as well as the benefits of a top notch forum system.

It is one thing to say that it is impossible to run both. It is another to suggest that having community features and a forum are the same thing...they are not.

You should try Buddypress out and see if it works for you.
Let me know if you get Xenforo + Buddypress going ... would love to see how you get them to work in concert.
Not interested in being the guinea pig where I can't adequately make necessary improvements and fixes. That's why I asked if this plugin is compatible with BP. No need to install BP if it isn't.

What I'll probably end up doing is using a BP enabled theme w/ XF and the bridge. If the BP features don't work properly, I'll just leave BP disabled until a) there is a better bridge and/or b) there's a need to use BP in addition to XF.

Okay, can't read the entire thread (hate these long threads) so if this is no longer relevant forgive me.

First, I don't think any code changes to WP or xenForo would be needed. Everything should be doable via the WP plugin system, and the xenForo addon system.

There are even existing bridges with lots of php code to draw from for ideas and samples: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=bridge&sort=

I watch Xenscript (fighter's site for the mod) with great interest. The price for the mod is minimal for the potential it can provide.
At the moment, the main roadblock is its incompatibility with major WP addons that I use (and I suspect other sites use as well) such as Gravity Form, W3TC, etc.

I just can't wait to see some of the remaining issues resolved so we can take the next great steps.

Xen Porta is great and I think it has great potential but you can't compare it with the huge development and support community behind WP.
Gravity Form plugin now works with this script.

Does this plugin support Canonical links? When I set up feeds to posts using XenForo, the forum would outrank my blog, despite the post happening after the blog post.

How about a plugin that simply syncs Wordpress and Xenforo accounts? That way if we use Wordpress to create a user account, one will be created in Xenforo and vice-versa? That way we can use Wordpress membership plugins and have them sync with Xenforo.

Top Bottom