XF 1.0 Pages

Pages allow you to manage simple content in the node tree. Find out more here:

http://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/

The node list display could do with some improvements. We have some ideas about that.

The exact look of the auto-generated navigation is a work-in-progress as well. :)

Why it's important to edit outside admincp ?

My reasons are ... I want my mods to be able to edit Pages for themselves.
They don't dop html - this isn't a requirement to be a good mod.
Nor do I want most of them to access admincp.

Secondly I want to do small and frequent updates on some key Pages. Having to login the admincp just to change one crucial word or a single date is a big pain. This kind of frequent editing needs to be frontend.
Great reasons for Keeping Page creation outside the AdminCP.

It's unfortunate that they're useless to you, but they are not useless to everybody by any stretch of the imagination.

After all, a number of changes in the software in the last 10 years has made them much more useful than they were. You can now set any page to be the index route for your forum giving you the ability to serve static content as the entry point to your forum. You can laden a page with widgets to give your forum a very basic - but functional - portal system.

This site uses nothing more than a page set as the index route of the forum and some widgets for its output to produce a basic portal page: https://www.valvetime.co.uk/

This site uses nothing more than a page set as the index route of the forum and some widgets for its output to produce a basic portal page: https://www.valvetime.co.uk/
Two further examples:

We designed the rules with the help of pages at home, though we redefined that the blocked ones could still watch the pages. And besides this, several specific pages are framed.

I was using a page node as a portal in XF1.

Also used them as a repository of data, leaderboards, etc.

Factor in the PHP callback function and you can do many more things with them.

With all respect, all 5 respondents (Kirby, kick, Brogan, Chris, Lawrence) are devs. You might be able to do more than basic stuff other than setting it as a portal page.

On the other hand we as "vanilla" users don't see a lot of use cases without a page-builder or some sort of content creation helper such as integrated tables or something. I also agree that this feature is faily underdeveloped and not very useful right now. But everyone has his own opinion of course.

My home page is also a XenForo Page, only without the wrapper :)

It's pretty neat, sure it's not a full CMS but when I just needed a home page with an associated template, not having to faff around with setting up a route and creating a controller just to render a static template was pretty neat.

I was using a page node as a portal in XF1.

Also used them as a repository of data, leaderboards, etc.

Factor in the PHP callback function and you can do many more things with them.

Is there a way to turn first pages of threads into "page like objects"? I mean after approval by editor it would not have things like "nofollow & user generated content" and Google would treat them as "published by a publisher"?

Top Bottom