XF 1.5 okay to upgrade with a lot of plugins?

zoldos

I run quite a few plugins. Will it be okay to upgrade from 1.5.2 to the new version? I haven't modded any source files, just templates. Thanks!

I run quite a few plugins. Will it be okay to upgrade from 1.5.2 to the new version? I haven't modded any source files, just templates. Thanks!

Everyone should be running a 'staging' or 'beta' site which is a replica of your live site. Dead easy to setup and you can try upgrades/addons and do some quick regression testing before deploying to prod. Goes a long way to assure that catastrophic upgrades are identified before they become truly catastrophic.

Everyone should be running a 'staging' or 'beta' site which is a replica of your live site. Dead easy to setup and you can try upgrades/addons and do some quick regression testing before deploying to prod. Goes a long way to assure that catastrophic upgrades are identified before they become truly catastrophic.
I don't mind third point upgrades. I'd be much more careful if it were an upgrade to like version 2.0 for example....

I just don't know how to do it. Things are "dead easy" to those who know this stuff. To me, writing an academic paper is "dead easy." It's not to many others.

Brogan I think wrote up a nice guide on how to clone/create a staging installation, follow that, but this in general is not required for upgrades. It was merely a suggestions on my behalf to alleviate some of the worry that an upgrade could go wrong.

Top Bottom