Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Is this really the only way to add a tab to the top of my forum? It's totally overwhelming for a noob such as myself. I have tried to follow the directions but honestly I got stuck before I could even upload the upload files as they are a folder that just opens.

Is this really the only way to add a tab to the top of my forum? It's totally overwhelming for a noob such as myself. I have tried to follow the directions but honestly I got stuck before I could even upload the upload files as they are a folder that just opens.

Here is a basic template edit:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-add-a-new-tab-in-the-navbar.7781/#post-108734

This is sufficient for a simple tab link with no popup or selection functionality.

Help please...what should I do,,, see picture

Attachments

• 2014-10-24 00_59_20-Servernode.webp
    2014-10-24 00_59_20-Servernode.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 17
When adding the secondary links to a tab there is a possibility to place a template based on the nat_linkstemplate. I was wondering if there is a template already with the links from the Forums tab. The one that is default I think.

Or is there a way to copy the ones that are being used by the Forums tab?

When adding the secondary links to a tab there is a possibility to place a template based on the nat_linkstemplate. I was wondering if there is a template already with the links from the Forums tab. The one that is default I think.

Or is there a way to copy the ones that are being used by the Forums tab?

Refer to XF's default navigation template to get those default links.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> navigation

Hi Jake,

Using this add-on and loving it! until XenForo 1.4.2 messed things up.
After the upgrade I got a message that Navigation template was outdated and that I needed to merge.

I tried merging with parent and got an error.
I tried merging with both and got an error.
I then tried the 3rd option (the merge button on the right - I can't remember what it reads) and it merged, notifying that there are no more outdated template.

But my navigation is not rendering properly. I am using your "Nodes as Tabs" 1.2.2.

The last two tabs are showing all the way on the left under a responsive design menu.

Responsive design isn't working properly when turned on. Ironically, it IS working properly when TURNED OFF.

really messy.

Can you please help?

This add-on seams to break the breadcrumbs in the node you've chosen to display as a tab.

Breadcrumbs before/after:

Home > Forums > Category Name
Node Name

Home > Node Name
Node Name

This add-on seams to break the breadcrumbs in the node you've chosen to display as a tab.

Breadcrumbs before/after:

Home > Forums > Category Name
Node Name

Home > Node Name
Node Name

That is by design. The bread path is rooted to the parent node tab. This is consistent with XenForo's breadcrumb system which always roots to the parent tab.

Top Bottom