Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Not an issue but posting here as an FYI.

When Tab Title <> Node Title, for me bread crumbs shows Tab Title and not Node title.

Capture.webp

I can't say for sure.

This addon uses XenForo's built-in extraTabs skeleton. If the extraTabs skeleton is still intact and functional in your navigation template then it will work.

Hi Jake, I tried this add-on with Mike Creuzer's "giving selected navigation tabs dropdown menu" modification

Something goes wrong with the dropdown when a (node) tab was selected

seems like the subforums of each forum make their own dropdown layer, leaving the forums list on the last dropdown layer (see attachment below)

Any idea for this ? Thanks

Attachments

• bug2.webp
    bug2.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi Jake, I tried this add-on with Mike Creuzer's "giving selected navigation tabs dropdown menu" modification

Something goes wrong with the dropdown when a (node) tab was selected

seems like the subforums of each forum make their own dropdown layer, leaving the forums list on the last dropdown layer (see attachment below)

Any idea for this ? Thanks

What exactly is Mike's addon doing to the tab? This addon already provides dropdown menus for node tabs, so I question using a different addon for this.

Node tab dropdown menus normally consist of child nodes. The menu is standard within XF's nav system, so I'm not sure what could be wrong if not some conflict between the two addons.

Hello there Jake,

Is it possible to make the Unread Count display on a Category Tab?!
If not, what would be the best way to achieve something like that using this addon?

Hi there, I like the Nodes as Tab very nice add-on used it for about 6 months no issues.
A well known add-on developer here at XF look at my site and upon doing so he advised me removing this addon on as it is a memory hog/
I found it useful, the question is but have a small site,
I have a partially shared server shared server ( mean there are 6 others sharing it.) D
Does this program really put a load and cause other issues ? And are there any addon conflicts you are aware of.
I am not familiar with how all these addons work inside and why I trust allot his judgement this one I was really unsure of especially since it served a great purpose on my site.
My issues is I do not want to add on and addition that will slow down my server access for my users and may cause other issues.
Pm'd but did not get a response so asking here.

Thanks

I am using a page node as our homepage and have added it as a tab. In the breadcrumb it shows up as home\home. How do I get rid of the second home?

Hello there Jake,

Is it possible to make the Unread Count display on a Category Tab?!
If not, what would be the best way to achieve something like that using this addon?

Yes, the unread count works on categories. It counts unread threads from all forums underneath the category.

Hi there, I like the Nodes as Tab very nice add-on used it for about 6 months no issues.
A well known add-on developer here at XF look at my site and upon doing so he advised me removing this addon on as it is a memory hog/
I found it useful, the question is but have a small site,
I have a partially shared server shared server ( mean there are 6 others sharing it.) D
Does this program really put a load and cause other issues ? And are there any addon conflicts you are aware of.
I am not familiar with how all these addons work inside and why I trust allot his judgement this one I was really unsure of especially since it served a great purpose on my site.
My issues is I do not want to add on and addition that will slow down my server access for my users and may cause other issues.
Pm'd but did not get a response so asking here.

Thanks

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

Technical details:
- This addon creates one new table called nat_options. All data for this addon is contained in that table. It doesn't change anything else in the database. As such, this addon can be disabled or uninstalled very easily without any lasting effects.
- This addon has 0 query overhead. Extra query overhead is only incurred when you enable the permission options and unread counter for a tab.

0 query overhead basically means no extra server load. This addon is not a memory hog at all. It does add a very small amount of memory overhead to every page but it is negligible. I have never received any complaints about this addon slowing down a forum, and the code is very light weight.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

0 query overhead basically means no extra server load. This addon is not a memory hog at all. It does add a very small amount of memory overhead to every page but it is negligible. I have never received any complaints about this addon slowing down a forum, and the code is very light weight.

Thank You , was just checking as was not sure, appreciate the response and loved the program.

well it doesn't seem to be affecting the actual site but the admin for the forum page is acting weird after my upgrade. I'm on 1.4 and I think when updating the nodes as tabs I started the update twice by mistake.

Anyways... in the node edit for a forum page the options for "nodes as tabs" show up multiple times. I'll post an image below.

And if I scroll down the same menu options show up again and again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-09-24 at 1.35.49 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2014-09-24 at 1.35.49 PM.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 9
well it doesn't seem to be affecting the actual site but the admin for the forum page is acting weird after my upgrade. I'm on 1.4 and I think when updating the nodes as tabs I started the update twice by mistake.

Anyways... in the node edit for a forum page the options for "nodes as tabs" show up multiple times. I'll post an image below.

And if I scroll down the same menu options show up again and again.

What version of XenForo? That usually indicates that you are using the newest version of NodesAsTabs with an older version of XenForo. Upgrade both the forum and the addon.

I think it's because I upgraded it and then hit back when it seemed like it wasnt doing anything - it was thinking not changing pages... then i upgraded again and it finally went to the parsing screen. Although that could have been a diff add on. I can't remember which add on that happened with - actually come to think of it I think it was a different one.

Is it possible to make the same as Digital Point? Maybe an update?
I want the "JumpMenu" as it, is on all sites.

Top Bottom