1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

Enables nodes to have their own nav tabs. Supports tab selection, permissions, and child links.

1. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Jake Bunce submitted a new resource: Nodes As Tabs

Enables nodes to have their own nav tabs. Supports tab selection, permissions, and child links.

Read more

IPF, DaniD, Alien and 6 others like this.
  2. Jake Bunce

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Thanks your your pioneering work here Jake.
    This Addon should be everyone's first download !

Morgain likes this.
  4. Jake Bunce

CapnLuffy likes this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Great update Jake.

We hate queries :D

6. Shinjiru

Shinjiru Member

Hm, i cant install this Addon: "Das mit dem Add-On verbundenen Dateien konnte nicht gefunden werden. Bitte lade diese Datei auf deinen Server und versuche es noch einmal." Which means: Some Files are missing, and i should upload it to the Server. BUT, i have uploaded all Files to the library.

7. Jake Bunce

Maybe you uploaded the files to the wrong location. You should end up with a NodesAsTabs folder inside of library.

8. Shinjiru

Shinjiru Member

I did it already: Screenshot_1.png

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try installing the .xml file from the server, if you already tried from your computer.

Or the other way around.

10. Shinjiru

Shinjiru Member

Sorry, how can i install the .xml File from the Server?

11. Jake Bunce

On the install page, type in this path:

./library/NodesAsTabs/addon-NodesAsTabs.xml

Screen shot 2012-02-01 at 6.44.01 AM.png

Shinjiru likes this.
  12. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

Jake, brilliant addon so a great thanks!

I have a question...
    I am using your addon and have a Page (parent) that has a category (child) and 2 forums (child-child) in that category selectable by the tab's sub menu.

I have the Category set with your mod as having it's own tab
    Page
    - Category (tab)
    --Forum1
    --Forum2

I have an addon that also has its own tab and sub menu items under that tab...it uses its own "$extraTabs" function
    Addon (tab)
    - submenu1
    -submenu2 etc

I can manually add the sub menu items from the addon to the sub menu template used with the Category tab and disable the Code Event Listener for the Addon navTab

The problem I have is to then make the Category tab "selected" and its sub menu items displayed when one of the Addon's sub menu items is clicked

Any suggestions on how I can do this?

13. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

14. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

Thanks Morgain but I already have all that and working properly...I need to simply combine two tabs, 1 being done with Jake's addon and one being done by a 3rd party addon, into 1 tab and sub menu that remains selected when any of the sub menu items are selected.

15. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't replying to you this was just a general contribution to help people on this new thread.

16. Jake Bunce

To put a non-node page within a node tab requires modifying the route for that non-node page. Your addon must have a route handler, usually at library/AddonName/Route/Prefix. The major section is defined in there. Here is a code example:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-navtabs-to-different-route.25761/#post-311629

edit - oh and the major section name used by this addon is nodetab#, where # is the node_id of the node tab. That is what you would set for the major section.

17. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

As always Jake, you're simply brilliant! [​IMG]

18. Jake Bunce

santamo and Divvens like this.
  19. Arkshine

Arkshine Active Member

Just wondering but I think I know already the answer, you can't configure a tab to be displayed only when you are in a specific category, for example ?
    I'm asking that because I've 2 categories which both have a load of forums inside, and I don't want to put in a tab something unrelated to the other category (because for most of users they will be interested either category1 or category2 but not both, so I don't want to mix information).
    Creating a tab like notices with criterias would have been welcomed, I guess.

20. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

[Tab1]
    -category1 forums
    [Tab2]
    -category2 forums