Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Hmm, I am receiving the following error after importing the XML file! I ran a File Health Check, it came back clean, and the rest of my forum works perfect with it's plugins AND theme. Here is the error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create table 'nat_options' (errno: 13)

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in NodesAsTabs/Install.php at line 29
  4. NodesAsTabs_Install::install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in <install location>/forums/admin.php at line 13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone could help, that would be fantastic! Thanks!

That is a server problem. errno: 13 means permission denied. There is some discussion here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2476272/mysql-error-1005-hy000-cant-create-table-tmp-errno-13

Forward this to your host or server admin.

That is a server problem. errno: 13 means permission denied. There is some discussion here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2476272/mysql-error-1005-hy000-cant-create-table-tmp-errno-13

Forward this to your host or server admin.

I am the server admin, and I haven't heard of the issue before. Regardless, your link that you sent me worked. I guess some sort of recent change had changed the permissions on the MySQL table's location, and made them inaccessible! If anyone has an issue like this in the future, use the command:

chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql/xenforo

If you do not use the database (case sensitive) "xenforo", correct it to your correct database name. It should work after that! Also, just to be clear, this worked for me on CentOS 6. Thank you, Jake.

Is there a way (perhaps I've missed it) to make the tab counter count only new threads?

Thanks,
Noobz

It counts unread threads. You can probably say that new threads are unread threads. There is no configurable option to change what is counted. It is just unread.

It counts unread threads. You can probably say that new threads are unread threads. There is no configurable option to change what is counted. It is just unread.

Copy all and thank you.

I wonder if I can modify a piece of code and add to extra CSS that will count newly created threads and intercept the others. For some counters (an example would be our classifieds section), every post ends up being a bit much while in others, it's exactly what is needed.

This is a cool add-on and I've got it working well, with one exception. Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've spent hours reading through this thread and still haven't figured out how to make the top tab selection just display the submenu I've created instead of going to a page, category, or link. I've seen the desired behavior on most of the examples, but can't figure out how to do it.

Thx

This is a cool add-on and I've got it working well, with one exception. Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've spent hours reading through this thread and still haven't figured out how to make the top tab selection just display the submenu I've created instead of going to a page, category, or link. I've seen the desired behavior on most of the examples, but can't figure out how to do it.

Thx

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs.26687/page-35#post-691290

Thx

Thanks for the quick reply. That's close, but not exactly what I'm trying to do. I looked at the code for the hover behavior (your second link) and compared to my template code. The additional code you suggested is already there from UI.X framework, but so is the code you suggested removing. If I understand what that is doing, it will change all of the tabs to popup on hover, right? That's not going to work for my site as I have other custom tabs created by custom add-on functionality.

The first suggestion to disable the click on that tab works (of course), but what I'm really looking for is a way to make it just drop down the menu to display the sub items when clicked. Neither approach seems to accomplish that.

Thx

Hi @Jake Bunce ,

I have a node tab with several children but a couple of these children I don't want to appear as secondary links on the tab. I have set the main node options on these children to NOT show them in the node tree and I thought this would perhaps hide them as secondary links but alas no.

Is there a way to hide some child links? The thing is, I need the breadcrumbs to all show the correct tree so I assume I do need them as children to get that feature.

Do you have any idea how I might be able to set this up?

Thanks for your help

Jake, never mind - I guess I was having a very blonde moment. I just made the children I wanted to hide into children of a child I wasn't hiding and therein lies an acceptable workaround :D

Here's the stack trace:-

If it helps, I very recently upgraded from a much older version of nodes as tabs.
Hi @Jake Bunce Further to the above post in another thread, I'm actually getting this error on all newly created nodes made with or without cloning so I'm not sure its down to that other mod. I'm actually not sure what its down to to be honest but the field name is quite strange if its not one of yours. I'm actually scratching my head about now

Reactions: Rob
@Jake Bunce

I check this check box (Display as Tab) but after saving, I find that it is unchecked automatically. (image attached below). I tried it with one of my categories (Member Area www.IndianParentsForum.com/community)

This is the first time I am using this add-on. So I don't know if I am missing something or if this is because of XF 1.4
Thanks for the add-on (y)
nodes as tabs.webp

@Jake Bunce

I check this check box (Display as Tab) but after saving, I find that it is unchecked automatically. (image attached below). I tried it with one of my categories (Member Area www.IndianParentsForum.com/community)

This is the first time I am using this add-on. So I don't know if I am missing something or if this is because of XF 1.4
Thanks for the add-on (y)
View attachment 83446

It works fine on my test forum in XF 1.4.

It could be another addon conflicting with mine. Try disabling your other addons to test this.

Reactions: IPF
Thanks @Jake Bunce.

I got this error Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214.

But everything started working after this. I enabled the other two add-ons and they work too.

Attachments

• tabs.webp
    tabs.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks @Jake Bunce.

I got this error Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214.

But everything started working after this. I enabled the other two add-ons and they work too.

Deadlocks can happen as a matter of course. See these posts by Mike:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/fatal-deadlock-when-upgrading.23471/#post-290271

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/vb-3-8-xf-via-cli-importer-discrepancies.27794/#post-327157

Reactions: IPF
I have a a theme with an off canvas menu. (viewable in mobile view) will this work?

Website in sig

I can't say for sure.

This addon uses XenForo's built-in extraTabs skeleton. If the extraTabs skeleton is still intact and functional in your navigation template then it will work.

Top Bottom