Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
What exactly is Mike's addon doing to the tab? This addon already provides dropdown menus for node tabs, so I question using a different addon for this.

Node tab dropdown menus normally consist of child nodes. The menu is standard within XF's nav system, so I'm not sure what could be wrong if not some conflict between the two addons.

Your add-on nicely adds dropdown for node tabs, BUT leave it without dropdown when it's activated (its dropdown menu's clicked)

What Mike's addon (and I) try to achieve is to make this activated tab doing the same as the non selected tabs (showing dropdowns when they're hovered) AND to omit the submenu (whatever the name) beneath the activated tab after the click.

Here's the link to Mike's addon : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/giving-selected-navigation-tabs-dropdown-menus.406/

Could you please update your addon with those things sorted ? Or, what must be modified from Mike's addon to be used well with your addon ?

PS: Mike's addon is just a small modification of 'navigation' template's code, it's NOT an installed addon

Thanks

Last edited:
Your add-on nicely adds dropdown for node tabs, BUT leave it without dropdown when it's activated (its dropdown menu's clicked)

What Mike's addon (and I) try to achieve is to make this activated tab doing the same as the non selected tabs (showing dropdowns when they're hovered) AND to omit the submenu (whatever the name) beneath the activated tab after the click.

Here's the link to Mike's addon : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/giving-selected-navigation-tabs-dropdown-menus.406/

Could you please update your addon with those things sorted ? Or, what must be modified from Mike's addon to be used well with your addon ?

PS: Mike's addon is just a small modification of 'navigation' template's code, it's NOT an installed addon

Thanks

You likely just need to apply those same modifications to the extraTabs skeletons (there are 3 such blocks) in the navigation template. This addon uses the extraTabs skeletons.

How can change that the tab for the "JumpMenu" is not linking to a link forum but direkt to the homepage url?

And what ist the problem. I thik a direkt link to the homepage has more power for google as a redirect.

You likely just need to apply those same modifications to the extraTabs skeletons (there are 3 such blocks) in the navigation template. This addon uses the extraTabs skeletons.

I did that before, Jake. I applied Mike's modification to the '<!-- extra tabs: home -->' as I use your 'nodes as tabs' in the '<!-- extra tabs: home -->' for all of my catgories.
bug1.webp

All is working well until I activate the tabs (by clicking the subforum's link inside the dropdown) ....

AFTER I clicked one of the links listed in the dropdown, the subforums of each forum seems like making their own dropdown layer, leaving the forums list on the last dropdown layer
bug2.webp

I think something must've gone wrong after a tab (with subforum arranged by "nodes as tabs") was selected (clicked), since the other tabs' dropdown remain nicely sorted
bug3.webp

this is my navigation template portion
v
v
v
Code:
<!-- extra tabs: home -->
        <xen:if is="{$extraTabs.home}">
        <xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.home" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
            <xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
                <li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected'} Popup PopupControl PopupClosed">

<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink NoPopupGadget" rel="Menu">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>

<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'selectedMenu'} Menu JsOnly tabMenu {$extraTabId}TabLinks">
                    <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                        <h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
                        <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
                    </div>
                    {xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
                </div>
            </li>
            <xen:else />
                <li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'PopupClosed'}">
                    <a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>

<xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
                </li>
            </xen:if>
        </xen:foreach>
        </xen:if>

Any suggestion for what I must edit from Mike's modification ? Or, maybe you can update your add-on for sorting this out ?

It'll be very great if it can be sorted out.

Thanks

Last edited:
@tonnyz

Have you enabled Popup Links As Columns? That actually breaks from the standard nav structure by creating multiple lists of child links under the tab. That might be conflicting. Just a guess.

@tonnyz

Have you enabled Popup Links As Columns? That actually breaks from the standard nav structure by creating multiple lists of child links under the tab. That might be conflicting. Just a guess.

Enabling "Popup Links As Columns" will only result to the same issue, Jake (dropdown being layered apart after its subforum's clicked)

I think it's because the enabling of "Popup Links As Columns" will only affect how the dropdown's shown when it have not been selected (its subforum haven't been clicked)

Without Mike's addon being set up, either enabled or disabled "Popup Links As Columns" will show the css portion of '.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks'

Basically, what I'm trying to achieve as an additional things on your addon are :
1. omitting the additional bar containing '.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks' after a specific 'nodes as tabs' (its dropdown subforum's link) is clicked
2. having the same 'nodes as tabs' cool dropdown after a specific 'nodes as tabs' (its dropdown subforum's link) is clicked

I did got this with Mike's modification (with your addon being implemented, indeed), BUT sadly resulting in the issue I showed you above.

Inside this spoiler is an interesting one ;) (at least for me :p)
I hope it's relevant with this issue :D
this is what I find out from the element portion (css) from a NORMAL dropdown (dropdown's subforum which have NOT BEEN selected by clicked)
Code:
<div class="selectedMenu Menu JsOnly tabMenu nodetab6TabLinks" id="XenForoUniq1" style="visibility: visible; display: none; left: 253.5625px; top: 109px;">
                        <h3>CATEGORY1</h3>
                    </div>
                    <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                         <li class="natMenuLevel0>
                             <a href="forums/forum1-1.11/">Forum 1-1</a>
                        </li>
                                  <li class="natMenuLevel1">
                                            <a href="forums/subforum1-1-1.21/">SubForum 1-1-1</a>
                                   </li>

<li class="natMenuLevel0>
                             <a href="forums/forum1-2.12/">Forum 1-2</a>
                       </li>
                                    <li class="natMenuLevel1>
                                            <a href="forums/subforum1-2-1.31/">SubForum 1-2-1</a>
                                   </li>
                                   <li class="natMenuLevel1>
                                            <a href="forums/subforum1-2-2.32/">SubForum 1-2-2</a>
                                   </li>

and here's what I find out from the element portion (css) from a DEFACED dropdown (dropdown's subforum which have been selected by clicked)

Code:
<div class="selectedMenu Menu JsOnly tabMenu nodetab6TabLinks" id="XenForoUniq2" style="visibility: visible; display: none; left: 254.046875px; top: 109px;">
                            <h3>CATEGORY1</h3>

</div>

<li class="Popup PopupControl PopupClosed">
                               <a href="forums/forum1-1.11/" rel="Menu">Forum 1-1</a>
                          </li>
                          <li class="Popup PopupControl PopupClosed">
                               <a href="forums/forum1-2.12/" rel="Menu">Forum 1-2</a>
                           </li>
                    </ul>
</div>

<div class="Menu JsOnly tabMenu" id="XenForoUniq2" style="visibility: visible; display: block; left: 254.046875px; top: 109px;">
              <li class="natMenuLevel0">
                    <a href="forums/subforum1-1-1.21/">SubForum 1-1-1</a>
               </li>
        </ul>
</div>

<div class="Menu JsOnly tabMenu" id="XenForoUniq2" style="visibility: visible; display: block; left: 254.046875px; top: 109px;">
                    <a href="forums/subforum1-2-1.31/">SubForum 1-2-1</a>
            </li>
                    <a href="forums/subforum1-2-2.32/">SubForum 1-2-2</a>
            </li>
     </ul>
</div>

It seems that the normal dropdown, briefly, shows a structure like this:
Code:
<div><div>CATEGORY 1</div><ul>
Forum 1-1 (li class="natMenuLevel0")
       SubForum 1-1-1 (li class="natMenuLevel1")
Forum 1-2 (li class="natMenuLevel0")
       SubForum 1-2-1 (li class="natMenuLevel1")
       SubForum 1-2-2 (li class="natMenuLevel1")
</ul></div>

while the defaced one shows something like this:
Code:
<div><div>CATEGORY 1</div><ul>
Forum 1-1 (li class="Popup PopupControl PopupClosed")
Forum 1-2 (li class="Popup PopupControl PopupClosed")
</ul></div>

<div><ul>
SubForum 1-1-1 (li class="natMenuLevel0")
</ul></div>

<div><ul>
SubForum 1-2-1 (li class="natMenuLevel0")
SubForum 1-2-2 (li class="natMenuLevel0")
</ul></div>

Last edited:
@Jake Bunce

Let's make things simpler :D

For now, let's assume that I only use your 'nodes as tabs' WITHOUT using Mike's addon, so let's forget about the potential conflict of the 2 addons.

I only need to achieve 2 things :

wish.webp

any solution for this, Jake ? :p

thx (y)

@tonnyz

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-remove-this-white-stuff.77072/#post-787030

I don't have instructions for changing the popup behavior of XenForo's nav system though.

Oohh, I see, also no idea for the popup issue ya.. :(,

but nevermind, thx for the link, Jake (y)

I'm just thinking about this, I always set your 'nodes as tabs' option of 'Depth Of Child Links' as '3',

Could you please help me for an extra.css script that can change the 'Depth Of Child Links' as '1' ONLY for the selected(activated) tab ? :)

or... if it can't be done from extra.css, what should I do to achieve that (changing the 'Depth of Child' to '1' ONLY for an activated tab) ?

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what is wrong, I would like to change "Donations" tab color into "yellow (bold)" but it doesn't change color when I apply this code to EXTRA.css
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.donations.PopupClosed .navLink
{
    color: yellow !important;
    font-weight: bold;
}
However, if I change "donations" to "forums" (of course without "") it works, what should I do to make donations tab change color into yellow (bold)?
Thanks!

I'm not quite sure what is wrong, I would like to change "Donations" tab color into "yellow (bold)" but it doesn't change color when I apply this code to EXTRA.css
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.donations.PopupClosed .navLink
{
    color: yellow !important;
    font-weight: bold;
}
However, if I change "donations" to "forums" (of course without "") it works, what should I do to make donations tab change color into yellow (bold)?
Thanks!

Tabids for this addon are nodetab#, where # is the node_id.

@Jake Bunce Is there any plans for migrating to uses template modifications and event hints?

This addon already uses some hints and template modifications. I intentionally stayed with hooks for the node add/edit pages because it's cleaner matching, and it's hinted. I expect template hooks will be fully retired in XF 2.0 at which point I will obviously release an update. I suppose I could hint the controller and view extensions. I could really use this feature though:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/multiple-hints-per-listener.54705/

It would save me duplication.

Many of the other listeners are appropriately run on every page and would not benefit from hinting.

XF 2.0 will be when I revisit the code.

Reactions: Xon
Good Day,

The Node as Tabs has a glitch in UI.X theme.
The tabs wont display the right content per tab and other tab won't display the content at all.

Top Bottom