Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
I have a Link Node as a tab (Ankeny Ikes), with several Link Nodes as children (Membership is one) under it. The Ankeny Ikes tab is correct when you click the it (which shows /portal), but when you click 'Membership' below it takes you to a forum post and Forums tab highlights. Is there any way to change this behavior so the 'Ankeny Ikes' tab stays highlighted?

Asked and answered... it occured to me that the Assign to Existing Tab needed to be set on the NODE the link was in, not the LINK node.

I have a Link Node as a tab (Ankeny Ikes), with several Link Nodes as children (Membership is one) under it. The Ankeny Ikes tab is correct when you click the it (which shows /portal), but when you click 'Membership' below it takes you to a forum post and Forums tab highlights. Is there any way to change this behavior so the 'Ankeny Ikes' tab stays highlighted?

Asked and answered... it occured to me that the Assign to Existing Tab needed to be set on the NODE the link was in, not the LINK node.

That works. Alternatively you can use this option:

Admin CP -> Home -> Nodes As Tabs -> Enable Tab Selection For Link-forums

The solution would normally be to define a root node which is used for that purpose, but you can only have one root node.

The closest thing is probably to create independent nodes (no children) to act as the tabs. Then edit your main categories and use Assign To Existing Tab to assign the categories to the new tabs. That will take care of tab-selection, but it will not add child links to the tabs. The Assign To Existing Tab option only controls tab-selection.

Yeah but that won't help.
There is any chance for you to make an update to allow multiple root nodes?

I need the root nodes (language nodes) to not make any effect in the node structure, but preserving all the tab functionalities.
Maybe that is outside the scope of this plugin, I mean, it would be like a super-category, when displayed in the forum list it would be displayed like they don't exist, but If you click at them in the tabs, it shows only the nodes that belong to that super-category.

Yeah but that won't help.
There is any chance for you to make an update to allow multiple root nodes?

I need the root nodes (language nodes) to not make any effect in the node structure, but preserving all the tab functionalities.
Maybe that is outside the scope of this plugin, I mean, it would be like a super-category, when displayed in the forum list it would be displayed like they don't exist, but If you click at them in the tabs, it shows only the nodes that belong to that super-category.

I don't think you need two root nodes since the two tabs would have different sets of children. What you need is the ability to build your tab structure independent of your node structure, whereas currently you are confined to your node structure. This has been requested infrequently, and I have avoided doing it because it's complicated. I will visit this idea next time I update the addon.

The children of tabs collapse and become menu's automatically as the browser gets more narrow, the problem is it eats tabs from LEFT (most important in my layout) to RIGHT (least important). The tabs show up in a ... menu on the right side. The same happens with the TOP row but they disappear from RIGHT to LEFT how I would expect this to work.

Is this an issue with Nodes as Tabs, or Xenforo?

The children of tabs collapse and become menu's automatically as the browser gets more narrow, the problem is it eats tabs from LEFT (most important in my layout) to RIGHT (least important). The tabs show up in a ... menu on the right side. The same happens with the TOP row but they disappear from RIGHT to LEFT how I would expect this to work.

Is this an issue with Nodes as Tabs, or Xenforo?

That is a XenForo behavior.

I am pretty sure this has been reported. I think Mike said it's the normal behavior. You can post another bug report though.

Can this addon help me do this...
1) Remove the menu header and quicklinks text when I drop down the menu?
2) Make the menu dropdown on hover?

thanks

Top Bottom