Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
hey jake I didn't know if the forums was the place to ask this by forums I mean the sections under the forum tab so I'll ask here, how would I align my columns under a child node in my navbar to line straight up and down instead of side by side?

here a screen shot of my columns.

Screenshot_2.webp

hey jake I didn't know if the forums was the place to ask this by forums I mean the sections under the forum tab so I'll ask here, how would I align my columns under a child node in my navbar to line straight up and down instead of side by side?

here a screen shot of my columns.

View attachment 67827

You must have enabled this option:

Popup Links As Columns

Disable that if you don't want columns.

I have a problem. If I add a page tab it looks like this here
79b2bb75e6.png
but when I add a page through link-forum it looks like
45e6da97d6.png
. So the css for selected tab is missing. How to fix that?

I have a problem. If I add a page tab it looks like this here
79b2bb75e6.png
but when I add a page through link-forum it looks like
45e6da97d6.png
. So the css for selected tab is missing. How to fix that?

Link-forums function as redirects. They are not actual pages so they don't support tab selection.

Having said that, there is an option which might work for you:

Admin CP -> Home -> Nodes As Tabs -> Enable Tab Selection For Link-forums

This is useful for linking to non-node pages within your forum.

Link-forums function as redirects. They are not actual pages so they don't support tab selection.

Having said that, there is an option which might work for you:

Admin CP -> Home -> Nodes As Tabs -> Enable Tab Selection For Link-forums

This is useful for linking to non-node pages within your forum.
Thanks, but it was already enabled. I've saved a new tab but...
33f43f127c.png
still not working. Is there any other option? :/

Thanks, but it was already enabled. I've saved a new tab but...
33f43f127c.png
still not working. Is there any other option? :/

The Impressum tab is linking to a page node which is redundant (though it should work). Just make the page node itself into a tab.

I have a tree of Nodes I want navigable from Nodes as Tabs by a specific user group (Admins/Authors). The problem is I want all users to be able to access the threads in those nodes on a read-only basis.

So far I have this accomplished as follows

• Restricted Content (Don't show in Node List, Restricted Permissions Cannot View) (Node as Tab, Children 1 Deep)
    • Forum 1
    • Forum 2
The problem is if I restrict their permissions so the tab disappears, they can't access the sub forums either, despite my explicitly giving them permissions.

Any way to accomplish this?

Hello,

I need some advice to get a multi-language community with a Spanish forums section and an English forum section.

What I was thinking of, is to create a tab for Spanish forums and another tab for English forums.

So what I need to achieve is:
- The Spanish and English tabs
- To display those tabs as root categories, but somehow to display the children categories of each language as categories (like they had no parent)

The forums of a single language should look as they have no parent category, but each language section to be displayed in the forum list.

Is that possible?
If possible, how?

Thank you!

I have a tree of Nodes I want navigable from Nodes as Tabs by a specific user group (Admins/Authors). The problem is I want all users to be able to access the threads in those nodes on a read-only basis.

So far I have this accomplished as follows

• Restricted Content (Don't show in Node List, Restricted Permissions Cannot View) (Node as Tab, Children 1 Deep)
    • Forum 1
    • Forum 2
The problem is if I restrict their permissions so the tab disappears, they can't access the sub forums either, despite my explicitly giving them permissions.

Any way to accomplish this?

You will have to hide the tab some other way than with group permissions. But there is no other method that I am aware of.

One option may be to edit PAGE_CONTAINER and add CSS classes to the <body> based on the visitor's usergroup. Then you can select on that with CSS to hide a tab based on group.

@Jake Bunce I figured this out actually, it doesn't highlight the tab properly but considering this is for admins of the site I'm OK with that.

What I did was create a Link Forum node at the bottom of my structure that was just a link back to the Category I'm not making visible. I'm able to lock down the permissions on that, which hides it from the nav bar for normal users but still allows functionality.

Thanks!

Hello,

I need some advice to get a multi-language community with a Spanish forums section and an English forum section.

What I was thinking of, is to create a tab for Spanish forums and another tab for English forums.

So what I need to achieve is:
- The Spanish and English tabs
- To display those tabs as root categories, but somehow to display the children categories of each language as categories (like they had no parent)

The forums of a single language should look as they have no parent category, but each language section to be displayed in the forum list.

Is that possible?
If possible, how?

Thank you!

Can you post a link to your forum? I would like to see your node structure.

I am probably going to recommend that you restructure your node tree so each section has its own parent, then you can simply make tabs out of those parents. It's usually best to use your node structure to reflect the desired tab links.

Can you post a link to your forum? I would like to see your node structure.

I am probably going to recommend that you restructure your node tree so each section has its own parent, then you can simply make tabs out of those parents. It's usually best to use your node structure to reflect the desired tab links.

My forum is http://foro.herogamers.net/

There you will see only the spanish nodes. I didn't create the english ones.
The idea was to create the same structure, but in english for the english tab.

Thank you.

My forum is http://foro.herogamers.net/

There you will see only the spanish nodes. I didn't create the english ones.
The idea was to create the same structure, but in english for the english tab.

Thank you.

Well, those are all top level categories. You can include them all in a tab by defining a root tab, but you can only have one root tab.

If your situation you will need to group the different language-nodes under separate categories. Then you can make those categories into tabs.

Well, those are all top level categories. You can include them all in a tab by defining a root tab, but you can only have one root tab.

If your situation you will need to group the different language-nodes under separate categories. Then you can make those categories into tabs.

Yeah, that's what I tried.

The only problem I have is that having a category for each language, adds a depth level in the structure.
That causes the regular categories to be at level 2 of depth, and the actual forums at level 3, so they are hidden as subforums.

There is any way to make the tabs (language categories) to not increase the node depth number of its childen?

Yeah, that's what I tried.

The only problem I have is that having a category for each language, adds a depth level in the structure.
That causes the regular categories to be at level 2 of depth, and the actual forums at level 3, so they are hidden as subforums.

There is any way to make the tabs (language categories) to not increase the node depth number of its childen?

The solution would normally be to define a root node which is used for that purpose, but you can only have one root node.

The closest thing is probably to create independent nodes (no children) to act as the tabs. Then edit your main categories and use Assign To Existing Tab to assign the categories to the new tabs. That will take care of tab-selection, but it will not add child links to the tabs. The Assign To Existing Tab option only controls tab-selection.

Top Bottom