Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Question. I have a long "submit" menu on my site that I created with Nodes as Tabs. Is there a way to make divider lines within the menu to separate groups of items?

View attachment 64238

Example:

View attachment 64239

This is a silly example, but you get my drift. Also great would be the ability to have subheadings in the same gray font as "Quick Links"

Thanks!

Normally that is done with your node tree structure... ie create a couple of subcategories and then increase the depth of children in your tab.

Otherwise there is not an easy way to "interrupt" the list of nodes to insert separators.

Jake Bunce submitted a new resource: Nodes As Tabs

Enables nodes to have their own nav tabs. Supports tab selection, permissions, and child links.

Read more

Hey Jake, this add on is awesome! Thank you. I was wondering, is there a way of removing all of the standard tabs to allow for a complete custom menu?

Also, is there a way of adding a forum to the menu but also keep the 'Forum' link in the Breadcrumb?

Last edited:
If you really wanted to you could use css to target all of the default tabs and set them to display none and then construct whatever menus you want from scratch with this addon.
Example...
(hides home and forum tab)
Code:
.navTab.home, .navTab.forums {
display: none;
}

There is probably more graceful ways of doing it but if you don't want or have the means to have a custom addon developed and just want to quick and dirty be able do it yourself you could with some custom css and this addon.

If you really wanted to you could use css to target all of the default tabs and set them to display none and then construct whatever menus you want from scratch with this addon.
Example...
(hides home and forum tab)
Code:
.navTab.home, .navTab.forums {
display: none;
}

There is probably more graceful ways of doing it but if you don't want or have the means to have a custom addon developed and just want to quick and dirty be able do it yourself you could with some custom css and this addon.

Thanks I will try this.

It's not a generic I post it -> it works for you thing, it depends on what options you have checked and what other customizations you are doing.

However the option for columns already exists ... check this -> 'Popup Links As Columns' when editing the node.

From there you style it how you want so there is no generic css that I can just upchuck at you without knowing the situation.

I want my nodes to be like this:

Ua61FIq.png

I have a lot of links.

K7DTpVP.png

Check that option...Popup Links As Columns
gdshg;'.webp

Then set a max-width on that menu instance...example

Code:
.nodetab8TabLinks {
   max-width: 290px;
}
div.natJSMenuColumns ul {
   width: 48%;
}

Jake made this generate class names so it is not a problem creating custom css for tabs and menus...use your inspector, select the tab, find the class in the html that looks like the one above noting that 8 will probably be a different number/s

Last edited:
View attachment 64694

Then set a max-width on that menu instance...example

Code:
.nodetab8TabLinks {
   max-width: 290px;
}

Jake made this generate class names so it is not a problem creating custom css for tabs and menus...use your inspector, select the tab, find the class in the html that looks like the one above noting that 8 will probably be a different number/s

It didn't do anything.

forgot about this...

Code:
}

but checking that option should make them show up in multiple columns without adding extra css...the extra css I posted is just a quick way to make it a two column thing...you have to figure out what your own max width should be however.

forgot about this...

Code:
}

but checking that option should make them show up in multiple columns without adding extra css...the extra css I posted is just a quick way to make it a two column thing...you have to figure out what your own max width should be however.

Still doesn't work.

View attachment 64694

^this^

That is an option when editing the node in your Admin CP. That creates columns in the popup like in your picture. This does require a certain node structure though. Two columns of child nodes would result from a node structure like this:

node (is tab with child depth of at least 2)
- child1
- - blah
- - blah
- - blah
- child2
- - blah
- - blah
- - blah

I want my nodes to be like this:

Ua61FIq.png

I have a lot of links.

K7DTpVP.png

Hey Jake, this add on is awesome! Thank you. I was wondering, is there a way of removing all of the standard tabs to allow for a complete custom menu?

Also, is there a way of adding a forum to the menu but also keep the 'Forum' link in the Breadcrumb?

This addon only allows you to add new tabs. Replacing default tabs requires extra consideration. You can't just hide them using CSS.

The first breadcrumb link is always the name of the selected tab.

@Jake Bunce
Probably a bug
Link to reproduce the bug

When in full width, the sub menu shows forums going from level 1-level 10
View attachment 53606

When you resize the windows or in mobile, the submenu would shrink and it display level 5-level 10 with level 1-4 appears in the dropdown. I believe the expected behavior would be that the first 5 level would shows and the dropdown contains the rest?

View attachment 53608
The responsive style does that on the default tabs as well. You could post this as a bug report for XenForo if you want.

Hi Jake ... great addon ... Thank You!

I've read the entire thread, and my question speaks to the above.

It appears that the default tabs no longer do this. Is it possible for submenus to follow suit, or is it already available and I missed it?

Thanks a Bunch!

Hi Jake ... great addon ... Thank You!

I've read the entire thread, and my question speaks to the above.

It appears that the default tabs no longer do this. Is it possible for submenus to follow suit, or is it already available and I missed it?

Thanks a Bunch!

That is still a XenForo behavior. This addon doesn't control that behavior.

Can anyone let me know who the owner of http://forums.wtf.com/ is that is listed as one of the examples for this add on? I realize I could register on his forum but I'd rather do it this way - I have some questions I'd like to ask him.

Top Bottom