[Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs)

[Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs) [Paid] 2.8.6

No permission to buy ($69.00)
Is there a video posted that shows this add on in action?

I need an addon that allows guildies to post which in game characters they are bringing to raids. Does this addon perform this task?

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but when a new forum is added to a group nothing shows on tapatalk, is there a way to get new posts to show on tapatalk or a way to explore groups on tapatalk? This is fairly important that this is fully compatible with tapatalk as frankly near everyone who uses facebook does it for the ease of use with mobiles, if I can get this working with tapatalk then it solves a lot of issues for me. At least just the forums part to show on tapatalk anyway.

I think the best way for this would be for the groups to actually be placed in the nodelist or at least one category where all groups would fall under, even if its a private forum as currently nothing is showing on tapatalk for any groups, or indeed you cannot find any forums related to groups.

Last edited:
Tapatalk doesn't support addons at all.
Please mind that Tapatalk has many issues in regards to security, privacy, content ownership. They removed their resource here after receiving a mass of criticism. You can still read the thread.

Tapatalk doesn't support addons at all.
Please mind that Tapatalk has many issues in regards to security, privacy, content ownership. They removed their resource here after receiving a mass of criticism. You can still read the thread.

What do you mean you can still read the thread?

It it takes for tapatalk to work with the forums based inside groups is for the groups to be tied to a node on the main forums, at the moment they aren't but they are housed in the same area, so if I could for example create a category called groups and all groups forums where placed in this category then they would show on new posts or forums on tapatalk.

If tapatalk is no good then what other mobile phone browsing software should be used as frankly folk don't like opening safari for example.

tapatalk is a cancer , there are a few xenforo mobile apps coming out , to be honest UIX is responsive enough there really is no need for a mobile version any more IMO

tapatalk is a cancer , there are a few xenforo mobile apps coming out , to be honest UIX is responsive enough there really is no need for a mobile version any more IMO

Well in my community folk don't like using safari I have a massive tapatalk following, so this doesn't really help me, I need something concrete which my users can look at and switch to. Or I need this working with tapatalk as my users have requested. I can only go on what my community likes, its not about what I like.

What do you mean you can still read the thread?
Please read this thread as it will show you how Tapatalk steals your members, your content and displays it on their site/platform together with your competitors content and step by step removes your control. Its not an app for your website, but an app for Tapatalks platform.
If tapatalk is no good then what other mobile phone browsing software should be used as frankly folk don't like opening safari for example.
You have two options:
Native App (no addon support): https://xenforo.com/community/threads/native-xenforo-app-release-details.119853/
Wrapper App (addon support): https://xenforo.com/community/resou...with-addon-theme-support-android-iphone.4731/
The latter will allow your users to use Social Groups.

Please read this thread as it will show you how Tapatalk steals your members, your content and displays it on their site/platform together with your competitors content and step by step removes your control. Its not an app for your website, but an app for Tapatalks platform.

You have two options:
Native App (no addon support): https://xenforo.com/community/threads/native-xenforo-app-release-details.119853/
Wrapper App (addon support): https://xenforo.com/community/resou...with-addon-theme-support-android-iphone.4731/
The latter will allow your users to use Social Groups.

$295 counts me out.

Hi @Nobita.Kun

Is it possible that you can include an option to style the mdl-card? As of now, I am styling it through EXTRA.css, however it would be beneficial for those of us using dark themes to be able to style this element of the add-on.

If i'm missing the settings to edit this specifically please let me know.

Thanks.

Can you restrict the ability to create private and secret groups to certain xenforo usergroups? That would mean you could restrict creation of non-public groups to paid forum members.

Also, on your site, I couldn't see any obvious 'Join Group' buttons for any of the groups there. Not sure if it was a permissions issue or me being oblivious.

Can you restrict the ability to create private and secret groups to certain xenforo usergroups? That would mean you could restrict creation of non-public groups to paid forum members.

Also, on your site, I couldn't see any obvious 'Join Group' buttons for any of the groups there. Not sure if it was a permissions issue or me being oblivious.

I'm considering setting up something similar, but I'm not sure how to handle groups when membership expires. Would you allow the group to run indefinitely even after paid membership expires? Any limits on the number of groups created? I know this is a little off topic, just curious

The addon have an permission to restrict that function ;)

I'm considering setting up something similar, but I'm not sure how to handle groups when membership expires. Would you allow the group to run indefinitely even after paid membership expires? Any limits on the number of groups created? I know this is a little off topic, just curious
Yup. It is some issues with your plan if you want to using membership.

I'm not sure what to set for the group moderator permission

[Nobita] Social Groups: Post/Event Moderator Permissions

Approve / unapprove posts in group:
View moderated posts in group:
Edit posts in group by anyone:
Delete posts in group by anyone:
Stick / Unstick posts in wall:
Manage tags by anyone (events):
Edit events by anyone:
Delete events by anyone:

Are these permissions for the groups admins? ie. those who create a group? IN which case should they be assigned to anyone who can also create groups? ie. regular registered members so that they can mange the group properly when they're an admin?

Or are these permissions for the forum admins to oversee the group creator admins?

Or are the higher level 'forum admin' permissions these?:

[Nobita] Social Groups Moderator Permissions

The addon have an permission to restrict that function ;)

It seems the permissions only apply to secret groups.

Are closed groups still essentially public and indexable by search engines? But you need permission to join them? Or are they closed off and non-indexable too?

Is there a guide on how to setup member roles properly so I can have Admins, Moderators and Members like on facebook? Between the main XenForo usergroup permissions and the individual member roles it's a tad confusing. I couldn't see anything in the FAQ.

Can you set the default values for these:

upload_2017-2-28_14-28-43.webp

So that the admin can pick them and uncheck this so they don't need to be set at the groups creation:

upload_2017-2-28_14-30-9.webp

I want join messages turned off be default.

@Nobita.Kun is there a way to set the image size in px's for the cover and profile? I want to give the groups a hand in knowing how to design for their groups. I attached the basic info. Every social media site has it's image dimensions and I can't seem to find that here with this addon. If so, how can I go about adding a text line giving the dimensions and size for upload?

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2017-03-11-at-1.10.48-PM.webp
    Screen-Shot-2017-03-11-at-1.10.48-PM.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom