nimbushosting.co.uk

ineedhelp

Recommended by @DRE

Been looking into them, their packages seem good.

Does anyone here use them?

What package are you on?

I'm thinking of going the Whirlwind mostly because, of the price of the plan. Otherwise, I'd prefer Tornado.

After several enquires here and there I contracted the services with Nimbushosting, just two days with the service but seems excelent, very
professional, flexible and knowledgeable in their business plus personalized attention. Very highly recommended.
NimbusHosting: www.nimbushosting.co.uk.

Affordable servers, coupled with to-notch support and knowledgeable people!
ProHealth, Inc. was looking to migrate to a new forum software solution to replace its in-house system. We decided to go with Xenforo. While researching hosting providers I came across NimbusHosting who have been very helpful in the install and setup. Tim Dunton at Nimbushosting suggested I contact Peter Schmitz who had experience migrating forums from non supported systems to Xenforo. At the time Xenforo provided automated migration for phBB, IPB and Vbulletin, which would not work for our in-house system. We needed to migrate 180,000 Discussions, 1,220,000 Messages and 220,000 Members. Peter turned out to be the ultimate solution. He over delivered on every requirement, continually answered all my questions so that I felt comfortable with the process and satisfied that all our data would be migrated with no loss or corruption. He was a pleasure to work with and lived up to every expectation I had. He is extremely profession, personable and easy to work with. I am extremely satisfied with everything we hired Peter to do and will be calling on him again for additional work in the future.

From my experience of your traffic and observation of the modifications on your forum, you need more than 1 GB memory. Go with Tornado.

From my experience of your traffic and observation of the modifications on your forum, you need more than 1 GB memory. Go with Tornado.
I want to go with Tornado as well, but it's expensive.

Can anyone get any discounts? I know if I pay annually, 8% is automatically discounted. But it's still a lot + VAT at 20% is added on top.

Can anyone get any discounts? I know if I pay annually, 8% is automatically discounted. But it's still a lot + VAT at 20% is added on top.
I don't think there is promotional code/promo code.

Throw some ads up, create paid subscriptions and it will cover the cost.

Throw some ads up, create paid subscriptions and it will cover the cost.
You know what the members are like on my forum, you really think they'll pay even a dollar. They wouldn't want to give out their paypal email or name.

As for ads, google won't allow it.

You know what the members are like on my forum, you really think they'll pay even a dollar. They wouldn't want to give out their paypal email or name.

As for ads, google won't allow it.
Some will if you offer enough exclusive features. The cheap ones are the loudest, ignore em. Some will pay.

Ideas for premium member benefits here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/premium-member-benefits-whats-yours.54307/

Alternatives to adsense mentioned here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/adsense-disabled-any-alternatives.36842/

and here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/do-not-monetize-your-youtube-account.30594/

and here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/why-would-an-established-website-not-use-google-adsense.43753/

and here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/so-google-adsense-just-disabled-my-domain-no-what.42567/

We're on a dedicated server with them and they are superb. We had lots of "optimisation" issues with previous hosts, our site going down under heavy traffic, etc but we've just smashed our record user online with over 5500 users online (in a 15 minute period) and that's all thanks to how Tim and the guys at Nimbus have set it up for us.

I should probably add that we've had some very good hosts over the years but they've always struggled to get VB (and more recently XF) running well under heavy traffic spikes. Nimbus were able to assess our needs and put us on the correct package and then tweak it to make things as fast as possible. Yeah it's definitely not the cheapest but the products are excellent as is the support.

Nimbus have been absolutely great for our community - mobitog.com - we are on their Hurricane package.

We moved last year and have not had a single problem since. Though they may not be the least expensive, you do get what you pay for when it comes to hosting.

Tim and the entire team at Nimbus have exceeded all expectations across the board. They all really do know their stuff when it comes to Xenforo hosting.

We would have no hesitation about recommending Nimbus to anyone who needs first class hosting services from a truly professional company that goes above and beyond!

Same here. We've (Talk Photography) been with Nimbus on a dedicated server since they started. We were with Tim in his previous employ too.
They have a great team at Nimbus, and certainly do know their onions.
Like Floren says, AVF are hosted at Nimbus too. That in itself was a selling point for us :)

Same here. We've (Talk Photography) been with Nimbus on a dedicated server since they started. We were with Tim in his previous employ too.
They have a great team at Nimbus, and certainly do know their onions.
Like Floren says, AVF are hosted at Nimbus too. That in itself was a selling point for us :)

Any idea if/when you'll move to XF?

I've currently just done a test migration and I'm in the process of tweaking and tinkering ready for the actual live date. So quite soon I think!

Top Bottom