nimbushosting.co.uk

So I've decided to go ahead with the Tornado package. It's going to be costing me considerably more compared to what I've been paying for the past 2 years combined.

I just hope they're as good as everyone says they are!

As I find www.hostgator.com with more issues on low page speed performance - I have been looking into hosting elsewhere. Two issues, slow page loads (I do have a few add ons and Google ads) but i am done with the slow loads. Also Xenforo files and my images put me over the 100,000 limit of files which means my auto weekly back up is no longer performed by them. It was a nice touch, and sense of security to have it automatically backed up weekly.

So I found this thread and began reading as well as clicking on whom ever shared their forum link in this thread, however, everyone when clicked, (all) itwas similar to mine with the slow load. I double checked to see if its my computer, Google, Facebook and xenforo.com load as expected so not on my end. Any thoughts on other hosts that meet my needs or you have first hand experience with good service, speed and value for the dollar?

KnownHost.com are pretty good, I only moved as I needed a UK VPS. I tried a company called Soladrive but it wasn't working out too well to be honest. Known Host have some cracking deals on webhostingtalk.com in the VPS area.

I'm just moving my sites to Nimbus Hosting at the moment :)

Also Xenforo files and my images put me over the 100,000 limit of files which means my auto weekly back up is no longer performed by them. It was a nice touch, and sense of security to have it automatically backed up weekly.

Just as a word of advice, don't ever, ever, ever, ever (did I say ever?) rely on your host's backups. It shouldn't make a difference whether your host backs up your data or not, as you should be making your own daily off-site backups anyway.

I like to think we're pretty reliable, but we had a RAID card fail on a server...during our nightly backup. It happens. Hardware fails. While things were backing up, corrupted data was getting written to the backup server. Luckily we had another copy, because probably 1/2 the files on the backup server were corrupted. Many (perhaps most even) of those clients said they did not have their own backups. That could have been VERY bad.

Make your own backups!! Please! :)

I just wanted to add my support for this as well. Just had a very complicated move due to poor response from my old host and the Nimbus team were fantastic. As someone else said, yes they are a little bit more than others, but so far I can say with confidence the support you get in return is well worth the extra money. I have never had an account manager personally call me during a migration before to keep me updated, but Matt Cooper did that which was a great personal touch.

Raised my first ticket last night for just a query, had a very helpful and personable response this morning (non critical query so response time was fine).

Pretty impressed so far.

Top Bottom