Nerdface

Nerdface

http://www.nerdface.co.uk
I would love to change the world but they won't give me the source code.

---

Nerdface is a friendly place where (almost) anything goes, and self-proclaimed nerds are especially welcome!

What is Nerdface? I'm so glad you asked! Nerdface is a nickname that I was given approximately 7 years ago by my wife and a mutual friend, owing to the fact that I wear glasses and do nerdy things (such as forums!). The nickname has stuck ever since - I've never minded it, in fact I have embraced it. Why create a website based on a nickname? Why not!

I've tried creating and running gaming based websites previously, as I am primarily a gamer at heart. However, it is such a large and competitive sector to try and break into that unless you can offer something truly unique on your website, it is a struggle to keep it active and therefore maintain the motivation to keep it alive. As Nerdface doesn't have a particular subject matter, I can design and write things as I please (and will try to implement popular requests)!

The initial idea is to write content from experience; tips on PC applications, browser enhancements, useful OS tools/edits, gaming tips and tools, bargain deals/offers that I find.. General nerdy stuff really! I'll probably throw in tidbits of news that I feel may be of use and/or interest too as and when I have the opportunity.

Last edited:

Nerdface

So.. Personal circumstances meant that the project was left collecting dust for the best part of six months.

When I came back to re-visit it in October, I wasn't entirely satisfied and decided to re-design it. I trawled through literally all of the XF2 add-ons on offer, tweaking and customising them as I saw fit. It's been a rough ride, but I'm finally ready to give it another go (after a last minute server switch following a few issues)!

I'm staying on 2.0 for the time being, and will review a few more add-ons I'd like to implement when 2.1 is stable.

It would be awesome if any fellow XF fans could help start building the community up, but I appreciate everyone is busy with their own projects.

---

Theme:
Uniform (customised)

Add-ons:
About tab default
Admin notes
Alert Improvements
Alphabetical pagination (ABP2) (customised)
AudioDb Music Thread Starter
Auto Merge Double Posts
Best answered (customised)
Better auto complete tag list
Cakeday
Cookie Notice
Custom Action Bar (customised)
Custom Slider (customised)
Default Expand Media Categories
DL6 Tag Cloud Widget
DragonByte Spam Clean
Duplicate account check