1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Noobist - a Newsmagazine for Nerds!

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by taylor_smith, Aug 14, 2014.

1. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

The Noobist is a newsmagazine for nerds! Our team of writers publish headline news about technology, entertainment, gaming, and other nerdy topics; interviews, reviews, editorials, fan fiction, and more. The Noobist Community is an off topic community for heated debates about life’s most important subjects–like how the Millennium Falcon would fare in a dogfight with the starship Enterprise. Noobist.TV live streams games, interviews, product reviews, and round tables.

As soon as I can find someone to run it, we'll also launch Noobist.Wiki, a catalogue of all nerdly knowledge.

Why am I proud of this? A few reasons:
    • Professional, unique content daily
    • Motivated publishing staff
    • Single sign-on for WordPress and XenForo, with comment/thread syncing
    • Seamless header and footer, so it all feels like one community, thanks to @Audentio
    We're paying writers to create great content every day, which is often the most challenging part of launching a new forum. All we need now is a motivated forum team to help us build the community.
  2. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

What a good site - I have to admit the content is a little over my head but in terms of the looks, the structure, the design and the forum, it looks and "feels" very nice, very professional. You're right to be proud of it, it's clear there's passion behind it, I think you'll do well.
    taylor_smith likes this.
  3. Hana

Hana Member

The site looks pretty nice to me! Good luck with it.
    taylor_smith likes this.
  4. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful site, congratulations! Which bridge are you using for xf/wp syncing?
    taylor_smith likes this.
  5. taylor_smith

Thanks very much. We hold multiple licenses across multiple sites and have always dreamed of this integration, but this is the first time we've been able to pull it off.

@Dakis, the bridge is @xfrocks's: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wordpress-plugin-xenforo-api-consumer.2918/. I'd once bid $8k to have someone develop this type of API-driven SSO solution (but my plan included MediaWiki, along with WordPress and XenForo). This is such a great solution. A little crude re: login/registration, but I have faith. :)
    xfrocks and Dakis like this.
  6. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

You should have sent me the 8 grand :whistle:
  7. taylor_smith

Ha. Will send what business I can. Still hoping it'll eventually loop in MediaWiki. ;)
    xfrocks likes this.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

9. taylor_smith

I sold it in December 2015. Sadly, they did some rearranging, including closing the community. But it's theirs to alter.
    Digital Doctor likes this.