The Noobist - a Newsmagazine for Nerds!

taylor_smith

The Noobist is a newsmagazine for nerds! Our team of writers publish headline news about technology, entertainment, gaming, and other nerdy topics; interviews, reviews, editorials, fan fiction, and more. The Noobist Community is an off topic community for heated debates about life’s most important subjects–like how the Millennium Falcon would fare in a dogfight with the starship Enterprise. Noobist.TV live streams games, interviews, product reviews, and round tables.

As soon as I can find someone to run it, we'll also launch Noobist.Wiki, a catalogue of all nerdly knowledge.

Why am I proud of this? A few reasons:
  • Professional, unique content daily
  • Motivated publishing staff
  • Single sign-on for WordPress and XenForo, with comment/thread syncing
  • Seamless header and footer, so it all feels like one community, thanks to @Audentio
We're paying writers to create great content every day, which is often the most challenging part of launching a new forum. All we need now is a motivated forum team to help us build the community.

What a good site - I have to admit the content is a little over my head but in terms of the looks, the structure, the design and the forum, it looks and "feels" very nice, very professional. You're right to be proud of it, it's clear there's passion behind it, I think you'll do well.

Thanks very much. We hold multiple licenses across multiple sites and have always dreamed of this integration, but this is the first time we've been able to pull it off.

@Dakis, the bridge is @xfrocks's: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wordpress-plugin-xenforo-api-consumer.2918/. I'd once bid $8k to have someone develop this type of API-driven SSO solution (but my plan included MediaWiki, along with WordPress and XenForo). This is such a great solution. A little crude re: login/registration, but I have faith. :)

Thanks very much. We hold multiple licenses across multiple sites and have always dreamed of this integration, but this is the first time we've been able to pull it off.

@Dakis, the bridge is @xfrocks's: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/wordpress-plugin-xenforo-api-consumer.2918/. I'd once bid $8k to have someone develop this type of API-driven SSO solution (but my plan included MediaWiki, along with WordPress and XenForo). This is such a great solution. A little crude re: login/registration, but I have faith. :)
You should have sent me the 8 grand :whistle:

Top Bottom