Need a GOOD reliable host...

DarkGizmo

So i've been with HawkHost for years now and today my site was compromised. They didn't really do much to help me get me back on my feet. Now can't even delete the infected files any further and it's like my site is just basically screwed. So i need a new host, can someone recommend me a good one for a Xenforo forum and joomla site?

Hosts I've used in the past:
-Hawkhost (leaving)
-Hostgator (not using them)
-Godaddy (not using them)
-1and1 Hosting
-Site5 (couldn't even get support for set up, didn't bother after that)

So if anyone can recommend me a GOOD, reliable host....that'd be great.

I use hawkhost and they have always been great to me, but another quality host is mediatemple. :)

First thing you should try and do is find out how the got in. Could be an outdated script or a dodgy wordpress plugin. I had some issues last year with malware getting spread across my sites after intruders got in via a vunerable wordpress plugin.

First thing you should try and do is find out how the got in. Could be an outdated script or a dodgy wordpress plugin. I had some issues last year with malware getting spread across my sites after intruders got in via a vunerable wordpress plugin.
they wouldn't really look into the matter, i deleted all my files off the server after they quarantined them but some wouldn't delete and now my public_html folder has all the old fils back in it mysteriously. I just don't feel safe on this host any longer, and it's taking the support team forever to get back to me which is surprising since they are generally quick......probaby cuz the idiots set the PRIORITY to LOW. (They were the ones who notified ME about this issue)

Are you planning on starting afresh? If not then you really need to find out where the compromise came from and ensure that any residual infection is removed before you move to a new host otherwise you'll be no better off and you'll have wasted money.

As far as a recommendation, give Nimbus Hosting a shout - http://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/

they wouldn't really look into the matter, i deleted all my files off the server after they quarantined them but some wouldn't delete and now my public_html folder has all the old fils back in it mysteriously. I just don't feel safe on this host any longer, and it's taking the support team forever to get back to me which is surprising since they are generally quick......probaby cuz the idiots set the PRIORITY to LOW. (They were the ones who notified ME about this issue)
It's sad to hear that dude. If you are really set with moving hosts speedysparrow and Mediatemple look like good options :) (I'm not affiliated with either)

Are you planning on starting afresh? If not then you really need to find out where the compromise came from and ensure that any residual infection is removed before you move to a new host otherwise you'll be no better off and you'll have wasted money.

As far as a recommendation, give Nimbus Hosting a shout - http://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/
Yes, starting fresh.

AnonymousFR: I understand that, but i'm not French and reside in the US, using foreign hosting is never a good idea, it's basic knowledge. :) Might work good for you but doesn't necessarily mean it'll be good for me or my users. If i need support i need to be able to understand the support staff. ;)

Craigiri: Been trying, but they sya my backups won't work and the fact that they're taking forever to respond to me is really irritating. They set my ticket priority to LOW.....i'd say this issue was rather urgent wouldn't you?

Mike Edge does free transfer service and excellent fast, efficient support. Custom hosting for XF.

I second this. Nimbus Hosting is awesome.

Check out the site in my signature to see what you think of performance etc. :)

Top Bottom