Need a good and EASY to use FTP program

Xftp 5
Xshell 5 for SSH

Used to use FileZilla without any issues until I discovered the wonderful world of doing things on the server.

I've been using Filezilla but will stop due to what I've read in this thread.

I took a look at WinSCP but I think I'd prefer to start using a paid ftp client rather than a free one as I'm finding free stuff always has some kind of a catch, and generally little if any support.

With that in mind, what's the best paid ftp client out there? If it makes a difference, I'm a noob at all this stuff so ease of use is a major consideration.

FireZilla worked fine for me up until a couple months ago. Then it just stopped connecting to some of the servers that worked previously with it.

Used Filezilla for so long I cant remember then it started acting up so now I use CyberDuck.

Upgrades/installs take less than 5 minutes uploading the .zip and extracting on the server.

Yes, you can extract it via SSH using unzip xen<tab key>.

Pressing the tab key auto completes the file name, saving typing it out.

Brogan, do you simply merge xenforo upload folder after unzipping? Does that keep all existing add-on folders in place?

Using it for more than ten years without problems.
Fair enough, but I did double check the information I found in this thread and it doesn't seem to be in question; the product is now loaded with adware, and I'd like an FTP client that isn't loaded with adware.
On windows 7 and previous FlashFXP is my main, free for 30 days then pay if you like it. Been using it for almost 10 years, even used to use it to transfer modded game files to the original xbox back in the day.

FlashFXP Features - not just a FTP Client, it's a SFTP Client too! Upload, Download, and Synchronize your files today.

Thanks for the tip, just downloaded it and will start the trial today to see how it goes :)

Fair enough, but I did double check the information I found in this thread and it doesn't seem to be in question; the product is now loaded with adware, and I'd like an FTP client that isn't loaded with adware.
Not really, there was some optional software in the SourceForge installer like 2 years ago and the regular installer was always (and still is) available directly through the website. I just checked on SourceForge and they seem to have the direct download link there as well now.

Is it necessary to leave the ticks as they are?

Do you want to install rubbish1? Yes
Untick: No

Do you want to install rubbish2? Yes
Untick: No

If I go to install a program, and by default it also tries to get me to install a bunch of other crap as well, I take it as a solid sign that this isn't something I want to be using. I'm a novice. I make a lot of mistakes. The last thing I need right now is to get infected with nasties just because I forgot to uncheck a box which by default installs crap on my computer. Why should I have to uncheck a box just to avoid that kind of stuff anyway? As I said, I take it as a solid sign that I should be looking elsewhere.

FlashFXP is now installed and seems to be working fine, I have no complaints (yet :p).

If I go to install a program, and by default it also tries to get me to install a bunch of other crap as well, I take it as a solid sign that this isn't something I want to be using.

FlashFXP is now installed and seems to be working fine, I have no complaints (yet :p).
It's on sale now for $19.47 instead of the regular $29.95 so you got a good deal from them.

Do you like FREE? Get FlashFXP for FREE with TrialPay
How does this work?
Try or buy one offer from your preferred brands and get a personal single user license for FlashFXP-free. TrialPay uses money from the advertiser to pay for your product. It's that easy.

It's on sale now for $19.47 instead of the regular $29.95 so you got a good deal from them.
It says $20.97 for me
60d542d073.png

Still, considering the amount I spent on the the add ons I bought (and the Xenforo licence itself), $20 for a decent ftp seems like a pretty insignificant cost :)

It says $20.97 for me
60d542d073.png

Still, considering the amount I spent on the the add ons I bought (and the Xenforo licence itself), $20 for a decent ftp seems like a pretty insignificant cost :)
The price will fluctuate as your trial goes on. I think my price dropped down to 14 bucks at one point if I'm not mistaken.

You just happened to be on a trial when the offer was pushed, on the customer side of things it is completely random though you can be promised that a few times a year that they will have a well reduced sale price.

For me on that page it still shows the full price of $29.95
You just happened to be on a trial when the offer was pushed, on the customer side of things it is completely random though you can be promised that a few times a year that they will have a well reduced sale price.
Fair enough, thanks.
The price will fluctuate as your trial goes on. I think my price dropped down to 14 bucks at one point if I'm not mistaken.
Good to know, cheers.

Top Bottom