Need a GOOD reliable host...

shared if possible. Want it to be as affordable as possible. :)

Has anyone tried HostDime?

From my experience for share Hostmonster.com was very good and it even come with free phone support. for vps I've used vpslatch.net which was bought out by hostdime. I currently have a dedicated box with hostdime and i've had 100% uptime for almost a year now

Also i'd like to point out, I'm US based, so the site is US based and would like to remain US/Canada based for hosting. Don't wanna start going onto different regions like UK/Asia for hosting.....so Nimbus wouldn't work for me.

Edit: Im looking into HostDime now and honestly, might consider going with their reseller account for $30/mo....it'd be $15/each between me and my co-admin.....

The good thing about hostdime is they own their own NOC centers and not renting from another company

ServInt is the best host I have EVER used. Well worth the money. They are very tech saavy and install stuff that they shouldnt have to for me, completely customized my server for XF, and many other extras for free. Their customer service responds to tickets in less than 5 minutes. Great experience so far and lightning fast speeds!

ServInt is the best host I have EVER used. Well worth the money. They are very tech saavy and install stuff that they shouldnt have to for me, completely customized my server for XF, and many other extras for free. Their customer service responds to tickets in less than 5 minutes. Great experience so far and lightning fast speeds!
yeah that's out of my price range. Sorry. Not looking to spend more then $30/mo.

I have one site on FutureQuest.net, been doing shared hosting since 1998. Their forums are on http://aota.net/forums if you want to take a look at their service and announcements.

They're based around Orlando, FL, and have their on NOC. Send them an email at service@futurequest.net, and they'll answer any question you need.

They are definitely in your price range, depending on what you need for disk space and bandwidth.

This is their server status page:
http://www.futurequest.net/Status/

WebFaction has always been great for me. Been using them for about a year with 0 downtime (except for 5 minutes while moving to a new data center in Europe instead of the US - by my choice). Have ran XF and IPB on my account simultaneously with 0 issues with APC running on PHP 5.4.

Otherwise, DreamHost are pretty good too (you can currently get 1 year for $25 - or at least I did the other day - until the 5th of March 2013).

I had to ask the same question not quite two months ago: Need new hosting service ASAP -- what & who to look for?

My search was limited to U.S.-based services, and the decision boiled down to KnownHost vs. WiredTree. KnownHost's plans/options appeared to be a better match for me, so I went with them, so far have moved 6 XF forums & 5 WP blogs; their support staff has been excellent.

WiredTree is reported to have some killer coupon/discount deals from time to time if you're not in a hurry.

In the UK Nimbus Hosting seems to be at the top of the heap.

Mike Edge (xFHost, U.S.-based) is fairly new on the scene but has been getting good feedback here.

Top Bottom