Implemented Move single posts directly to an existing thread

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is a much needed feature especially when topics starting going off-topic and you need to merge it with another topic that the posts are more suitable to. The nature of forums is nothing can stay totally on topic however hard you try, we aren't strict with "off-topic" posts because we generally try to shift them to the correct topics.

I remember using this feature in vBulletin, adding the link to the topic you wanted the posts to merge with, this feature though pretty small helps make moderation easier. With XenForo I hope we are able to select which thread to merge the "selected" posts with rather than having to link the thread.

I'm investigating moving from VB to XF, and the lack of this feature would almost have been a deal-breaker. I use it quite often in VB - frequently because I've missed a post that should have been in the first "move to new post".

I see it's available as an add-on, but I was rather disappointed to see such an easy feature had been unimplemented for nearly three years.

Still probably going to move over though. It just worries me a bit.

I'm investigating moving from VB to XF, and the lack of this feature would almost have been a deal-breaker. I use it quite often in VB - frequently because I've missed a post that should have been in the first "move to new post".

I see it's available as an add-on, but I was rather disappointed to see such an easy feature had been unimplemented for nearly three years.

Still probably going to move over though. It just worries me a bit.

It's been a pending suggestion since 2010, yes. But if and when they do implement it, trust me knowing XenForo it'll be really awesome and make moderation easier.
We just need to wait for it to now be included in some version :P

Wow, I just discovered the first feature missing from xF that every other forum platform has and that I was 100% sure would be part of the core of xF. I'm very very surprised the ability to move a post from one thread to another isn't built into the core.

Hopefully this will be added very soon!

How do we do that?
At the bottom of a forum, click on Thread Display Options. From there you can choose the Sort order (in this case First message likes), how these are listed (in this case (descending order), then click on Set Options to see the results. :)

At the bottom of a forum, click on Thread Display Options. From there you can choose the Sort order (in this case First message likes), how these are listed (in this case (descending order), then click on Set Options to see the results. :)

Wow, learn something new every day!

This is now the 9th most liked thread in this sub forum. And frankly, I don't know how big boards are managing without this feature without outright deleting all those posts which need to be moved into existing threads. Even @Brogan does this, so hat's off to him. This is becoming a real must-have feature (should be in the core, really basic and required moderating option).

WOOT!!!!

I made a HUGE mess of things the other day when I moved a post to a new topic and tried to merge it with another thread but merged the wrong threads. This will help tremendously!

Top Bottom