Mobile style discussion

the idea that k&m dont see a mobile style as critical in 2011 is worrying.

You assume they don't see it as critical. Just because we don't know what's around the bend, doesn't mean it's not there. The XenForo boys haven't let me down yet. If this thread is alive and well at the end of this year, then perhaps you have an argument.

this site is nine months old and there has been no movement at all on a mobile style outside a couple 'maybe someday' comments.
'plans' and 'considerations' posted in august dont suggest a mobile style is seen as anything more than a possible option to think about in the future. surely nothing approaching critical.

And yet you have no idea what is currently being worked on.

You may consider a mobile style critical.
Others think prefixes are the most important thing.
Yet others consider custom profile fields to be essential.

See the problem?

I've split the posts off to stop Russ' thread being taken off topic.

When I get the chance I'll merge this with one of the existing threads related to a mobile style.

Maybe I'm showing my bias given I run a network of smartphone sites, but mobile is certainly critical. I'm certainly appreciative of the mobile style developed by Russ, but I'm hoping we'll see world class mobile support in an official, supported release. The gang that could shoot straight has a mobile template and offers the ability to create a branded app. Without knowing what's on tap, I'd be surprised if we didn't see something this year from the XF team.

Mobile is critical for me. I have branded apps (TapaTalk) -- while I've installed the mobile template, I'm hesitant to push it given the fact users see the mobile style when visiting from a desktop browser. Easier enough to change, but I'm not fond of the lack of polish.

I would have to say mobile is critical but I prefer these things to be taken by modifications at this point. Once xF has an upper hand in the forum market then they can start taking over every aspect.

Although I think eventually an official mobile style/app would be excellent, I think there's a very small percentage of folks who find it critical and a must-have. I don't find it feasible to take a 2 man crew or even one of them off the main development to focus on a mobile style.

Tapatalk and Forum Runner aside, is anyone actually working on a brandable mobile app for XF owners? I'm talking about something you can customize to your own site like the native vB mobile app.

Tapatalk and Forum Runner aside, is anyone actually working on a brandable mobile app for XF owners? I'm talking about something you can customize to your own site like the native vB mobile app.

No one's made any public post regarding the matter, as a full blown app comes at a hefty price tag typically.

Top Bottom