Microcart [Paid] [Deleted]

Micheal updated Microcart with a new update entry:

Microcart Version 2

Just to let you all know that the new version will be released sometime tomorrow.

Here are a list of bug fixes and new functions added.
  • Show Seller this will show the sellers username when viewing a product if multi vender system is active.
  • When checking out, error. Fixed
  • Major security issue When a vendor goes to "add option" to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

the multy vender system is done with usergroup permissions you set a group if you want for venders to be in.
Then edit this group and change the max items a vender can see and the fee they would have to pay for each item sold.

If they are a vender there would be a new menu show up for them.
Here it will let them add there products and add files, options and screenshots for there products.
When in the list for there products it will have a few options next to each item like view invoices these are the invoices to items they have sold for the product.

The vender is paid directly with paypal as it would use there info for making the payments.
Once a payment has been paid to the vender it will add the fee that you have set for this group to there bank.
The bank is where the venders would view there fee's and have to pay these fee's within the time frame you have set.
If they dont pay these fee's in the time it would automaticly stop them from selling any more of this time till the fee's are paid.

Hi Micheal... I am keeping a very keen eye on Microcart as I need it for a new project.

I have been discussing this with a few others and we all agree that if a site has a Multi-Vendor system, then customer payment of product sale should come to the site owner. Meaning, instead of the vendor member getting the payment and having to pay us the fee in a time frame, the initial payment should come to us and we should have to pay the vendor member in a time frame. This way we (the site owner) has control.

Best solution of course would be

1. End User buys product.
2. Site Owner receives full payment.
3. Automatic payment confirmation received and Automatic new transaction created where our paypal (or other) is charged and vendor member is paid (original amount - fee).

This way we do not have to end up doing the collection.

What are your thoughts on this?

Regards

Sadik, I actually like that the payment can go directly to the individual vendors. Of course, I don't charge a percentage.

Sadik, I actually like that the payment can go directly to the individual vendors. Of course, I don't charge a percentage.

Yes of course I understand some people would like that option. However if one is planning a large site with hundreds (possibly thousands) of member vendors, collection of fees becomes impossible. Some members would just open new accounts and sell from the second account and then third and so on. It's easily manageable on a small site, but consider the case with hundreds of vendors. If we receive the payment first, we can write an extension ourselves where we will auto create paypal transactions to pay the vendors on completed sales, deducting our fee. (Would be great though if this can be built into Microcart). This way we have no management issues and fee collection problem!

We have a very large site we are planning to entirely migrate to Xenforo and Microcart has arrived just at the right time. These are some of the considerations we are making. I am actually waiting for an Admin Demo (Ease of addition of products, editing products etc) to purchase.

Yes of course I understand some people would like that option. However if one is planning a large site with hundreds (possibly thousands) of member vendors, collection of fees becomes impossible. Some members would just open new accounts and sell from the second account and then third and so on. It's easily manageable on a small site, but consider the case with hundreds of vendors. If we receive the payment first, we can write an extension ourselves where we will auto create paypal transactions to pay the vendors on completed sales, deducting our fee. (Would be great though if this can be built into Microcart). This way we have no management issues and fee collection problem!

We have a very large site we are planning to entirely migrate to Xenforo and Microcart has arrived just at the right time. These are some of the considerations we are making. I am actually waiting for an Admin Demo (Ease of addition of products, editing products etc) to purchase.

i do understand your concern about this so what i will do,
in the multi vender settings i will put an option to use the bank or not and when the bank is not used the payments will goto the main payment address setup in the cart settings.

When a vender goes to the my account page it will show if you are using the bank or other system to them and how they would have to pay or be paid.

Mike

i do understand your concern about this so what i will do,
in the multi vender settings i will put an option to use the bank or not and when the bank is not used the payments will goto the main payment address setup in the cart settings.

When a vender goes to the my account page it will show if you are using the bank or other system to them and how they would have to pay or be paid.

Mike

Sounds like a good compromise.

What would make it totally feature complete is if someone is selecting payment to go directly to the main payment address then they should also have an option to automate paying to vendors (after subtracting fee). But of course, this is a feature request you can consider... :)

the main reason i added the bank system was for this.

say you have a fee setup at 10% and a vender is selling 100 items at a cost of $1.00 you would get $0.10 of each of that item.
so say a user buys 1 of this and pays for it right away you are going to get alot of payments for this small amount.
where the bank system lets them sell as many items they can before having to pay the fee's.

I hope you see why i added this bank system.

Hi Micheal

I have been trying to purchase but I keep getting this error on your site:

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Is this a bug or something wrong with your server? I would like to purchase immediately.

Hi Micheal

Is this a bug or something wrong with your server? I would like to purchase immediately.

Im just about to find out and let you know.

Mike

Hi Micheal

Have just tested this and found the problem so all sorted now.

Mike

Hi Micheal, one final question. I saw on your site that there is a product called source code. Does this mean that Micro Cart is ioncubed? and I am unable to view the source php files?

If yes, this will be a big blow to me as I was planning on customizing Micro Cart greatly for my specific needs.

Hi Micheal, one final question. I saw on your site that there is a product called source code. Does this mean that Micro Cart is ioncubed? and I am unable to view the source php files?

If yes, this will be a big blow to me as I was planning on customizing Micro Cart greatly for my specific needs.

Hi there m8

If you dont but the source code then yes the main index.php file is encoded but all other files are not.
If you buy the source code with the microcart product you will have all files unencoded including the index.php file.

So when buying the cart for $59.99 the index.php is encoded when buying the cart for $59.99 + Source code $150 you get the source code to the cart.

So you would need to buy both to get the full source code.

Hi Micheal... I am keeping a very keen eye on Microcart as I need it for a new project.

I have been discussing this with a few others and we all agree that if a site has a Multi-Vendor system, then customer payment of product sale should come to the site owner. Meaning, instead of the vendor member getting the payment and having to pay us the fee in a time frame, the initial payment should come to us and we should have to pay the vendor member in a time frame. This way we (the site owner) has control.

Best solution of course would be

1. End User buys product.
2. Site Owner receives full payment.
3. Automatic payment confirmation received and Automatic new transaction created where our paypal (or other) is charged and vendor member is paid (original amount - fee).

This way we do not have to end up doing the collection.

What are your thoughts on this?

Regards

I do like your idea here and ill see what i can do on adding this as an option to the vender settings within the admincp.
This would give the admins the choose of using the bank system where the vender has a time frame to pay or have it where payments are sent to the admin and the admin has a time frame to pay.

As the admin of a site is on there site almost every day it would not take long for an admin to see there are sales he/she needs to pay for.

So a like from me.

Top Bottom