Microcart [Paid] [Deleted]

Sweet! Paypal and I have been having a go at one another. My payments have been super slow lately.

its going to take more time for me to sort out a demo as my internet speed has dropped out to 0.1 of a meg trying to get this sorted but want be till friday when they come out to check everything.

Hi, So I went to your site xfgeek. I noticed that as I guest, when I click on E-Shop (microcart) it immediately takes me to the login / register page. So can guests not see product page? or any microcart pages? Ideally guests should be allowed to browse and add items to cart but asked to register on checkout. Or am i making some mistake?

I will change the settings so guests can view the cart.

Thanks.

I do not see the Add to Cart button browsing as a guest. Typically consider this, you sell books through your site. Now obviously guests are browsing your shop and see a book they want to purchase, they will obviously look for the Add to Cart button. Ideally the workflow should be like this:

• Store able to be browsed by all (members and guests)
  • Guests should NOT see the My Account, Invoices, My Details etc. Menu on the right, as that is for members. If that is not possible, clicking on the menu links should take one to the login page.
  • Guests SHOULD see the Add to Cart button and should be able to Add items to their cart. Possibly the info can be stored in session or cookies (I think most carts store guest cart details in cookies)
  • Guests should be able to view the cart and when they click checkout, they can possibly be asked to register / login page. Ideally there should be an option to allow Guests to purchase without registering if they don't want to register.
  • My Cart Page (Cart details) should be displayed in the center of the page in clearly instead of the left box.

the reason guests cannot buy from the cart is that it stores alot of there info within the database like user details invoices product downloads and so on.

It can be changed so that if they click on a page they are not to enter it will ask them to register or login.
Guests would not be able to add items to the cart as this info is stored with there userid and other info as well.
I do like this idea of letting them view all the buttons and links and if they click the my account or add to cart button it would ask them to register or login.

I will sort this out as soon as i can thanks for your input.

After uploading Microcart to the server, the folowing folders are not present:

microcart/affiliate
microcart/photos/tmp

the reason guests cannot buy from the cart is that it stores alot of there info within the database like user details invoices product downloads and so on.

It can be changed so that if they click on a page they are not to enter it will ask them to register or login.
Guests would not be able to add items to the cart as this info is stored with there userid and other info as well.
I do like this idea of letting them view all the buttons and links and if they click the my account or add to cart button it would ask them to register or login.

I will sort this out as soon as i can thanks for your input.

Thanks Micheal. It's ok if Guests cannot buy. Maybe you can consider Guest checkout for future releases. At least currently, links which pertain to members (like the right Menu links) should not go to empty pages but ask for login. Also Add to Cart should be visible. Else a guest will never end up becoming a member and purchasing. :)

Thanks again.

Also can you explain how multi-vendor system works. Meaning, if my members wanted to sell their own products through my cart, how is it possible. What are the steps and how do they get paid?

Thanks for your patient replies... :)

the multy vender system is done with usergroup permissions you set a group if you want for venders to be in.
Then edit this group and change the max items a vender can see and the fee they would have to pay for each item sold.

If they are a vender there would be a new menu show up for them.
Here it will let them add there products and add files, options and screenshots for there products.
When in the list for there products it will have a few options next to each item like view invoices these are the invoices to items they have sold for the product.

The vender is paid directly with paypal as it would use there info for making the payments.
Once a payment has been paid to the vender it will add the fee that you have set for this group to there bank.
The bank is where the venders would view there fee's and have to pay these fee's within the time frame you have set.
If they dont pay these fee's in the time it would automaticly stop them from selling any more of this time till the fee's are paid.

Ah I see. So the commission fee cannot be automated as I suspected. Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

I keep getting this error. It happens when I change license then change it back even after deleted old url and enter it again, then reupload the software and reupload the addon.

error.webp

I keep getting this error. It happens when I change license then change it back even after deleted old url and enter it again, then reupload the software and reupload the addon.

Please enter in your url as domain.com without the http or www just the domain name with the .com or what ever it is.
If you are still having problems please PM me with your ftp login details and admincp login details and ill update the license manually.

Top Bottom