• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

mercGallery Lite Beta 1

Robbo

This is the first proper release of mercGallery Lite. It is fully functional with a few bugs here and there. I will list known bugs below and get them fixed asap. There are also a couple features missing that are listed below. I hope you can find use for this mod. There will be another lite mod coming soon.

You can view the gallery in action here.

Installation / getting started
  1. like any other mod upload the contents of the upload directory into your forums root. Then run the addon XML file.
  2. next thing you need to do is create categories. Do this in the admin control panel -> mercApps. Note: you won't see a category in public until it has an image in it as the latest image is used as the thumbnail for the category
  3. give yourself permission to manage images in users -> permissions
  4. go to the gallery view the main navigation link and you will notice in the top right a button... press it!
  5. done.
Known bugs
  • minor bug with dropdown when adding an image from a category (doesn't select the category you are in by default)
What is left to do
  • use the xenforo data folder for images and access via a user friendly url
  • use xenforo's lightbox implementation
  • option to change the name of the link in the navigation menu
  • add link to the quick navigation menu
  • add permission for viewing the gallery (this is the only permissions you will get, see it or not see it. Paid version will have a node tree with permissions much like the main forum)
  • pagination
  • upload using the flash stuff xenforo uses so you see a progress bar (might not make it into 1.0)
  • clean up the HTML and CSS properly

Attachments

Robbo, I keep on getting permission error. I've gave myself the right to manage mercapps, made sure gallery folder is writable and this is what I get:

Code:
rename(/home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/internal_data/temp/xfq0Y3AV,gallery-images/thumbnails/4-brasileiro01.jpg) [function.rename]: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Merc/DataWriter/GalleryLite/ImageData.php at line 81
    Merc_DataWriter_GalleryLite_ImageData->_moveImageFile() in Merc/DataWriter/GalleryLite/ImageData.php at line 72
    Merc_DataWriter_GalleryLite_ImageData->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Merc/ControllerPublic/GalleryLite.php at line 260
    Merc_ControllerPublic_GalleryLite->actionUploadImage() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/index.php at line 17

Very very impressive! will be definatley using this when the other options are implemented.

Suggestions, maybe a forward or back overlay on the image instead of a button

I have just installed this locally and it looks perfect for my needs once it is a bit further along.

Suggestion: move the copy write to the footer

Robbo, I keep on getting permission error. I've gave myself the right to manage mercapps, made sure gallery folder is writable and this is what I get:

Code:
rename(/home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/internal_data/temp/xfq0Y3AV,gallery-images/thumbnails/4-brasileiro01.jpg) [function.rename]: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Merc/DataWriter/GalleryLite/ImageData.php at line 81
    Merc_DataWriter_GalleryLite_ImageData->_moveImageFile() in Merc/DataWriter/GalleryLite/ImageData.php at line 72
    Merc_DataWriter_GalleryLite_ImageData->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Merc/ControllerPublic/GalleryLite.php at line 260
    Merc_ControllerPublic_GalleryLite->actionUploadImage() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cogumelo/public_html/comunidade/index.php at line 17
Might be the thumbnails folder within the gallery-images folder.

Very very impressive! will be definatley using this when the other options are implemented.

Suggestions, maybe a forward or back overlay on the image instead of a button
The current version is basically a version that will work without JavaScript enabled. When I add the lightbox it will mostly just use JavaScript/AJAX. Like when you click an image in a thread and go through the images. But instead you click a category and it will bring up the lightbox with all the images.

I have just installed this locally and it looks perfect for my needs once it is a bit further along.

Suggestion: move the copy write to the footer
Yeah that isn't final. Just a quick addon to make sure no one steals everything.

Robbo said:
Might be the thumbnails folder within the gallery-images folder.

That's what it was.. Now that I was able to upload, and the files are there, but the images does not show up in the categories, no errors, when I enter into the category it's just blank, even though while I enter the gallery it says that the category has 2 images, a thumbnail for that category does not show up either.

I'm guessing it's a url error or something. The links on the sidebar for the CATs it points to gallery/ while the actual gallery is at merc-gallerylite/

Links to popular: merc-gallerylite/all/popular and merc-gallerylite/all/recent returns:
The requested page could not be found.

Those links are just placefillers or dated. Don't worry about them.

About the thumbnails. I have that problem myself it seems, I will work on a fix tonight.

Beta 1.1 just a small bug release
  • fixed calling an old template
  • fixed any problems with spaces in the images filename meaning the thumbnails were blank
New package attached to first post. Simply upload like normal and upgrade the mod through the acp, I'm sure you know how.

Robo, I am unable to get thumbnails or pics to show with the latest mercGallery, I am happy to wait for further updates but I was curious to know if the download file differs from the demo ?

Robo, I am unable to get thumbnails or pics to show with the latest mercGallery, I am happy to wait for further updates but I was curiose to know if the download file differs from the demo ?
They are exactly the same. The only reason I can think of is friendly URLs getting in the way.

I'm curious to know what the differences will be in the light version vs the paid version.
This gallery will be simple. Categories with images. The full version which will cost around about $40 per license (undecided) will have comments, video support, a node tree like the forums, ratings, full permission system (like the forums), a configurable dashboard, sidebar mods and support for any xenforo portals... etc etc

They are exactly the same. The only reason I can think of is friendly URLs getting in the way.

This gallery will be simple. Categories with images. The full version which will cost around about $40 per license (undecided) will have comments, video support, a node tree like the forums, ratings, full permission system (like the forums), a configurable dashboard, sidebar mods and support for any xenforo portals... etc etc
Can you add "custom fields" (per category?) and a importer from Photoplog?

Robo, I am unable to get thumbnails or pics to show with the latest mercGallery, I am happy to wait for further updates but I was curiose to know if the download file differs from the demo ?

Same here, could not get images to show.. they upload, but do not show!

I would suport it, when will it be available?

Basically if enough people use it meaning I get enough money to justify working on it then I will add whatever people want.

I have never liked this type of marketing. The product has issues. People have been supportive of you and your venture. You have a beta out that seldom seems to work or work correctly for most users. Yet give you enough money and anything is suddenly possible.

Why dont you listen to the people who could be your customers. Finish the product and charge for a working stable addon. This is in polite terms teasing. You give the people a taste of your services and then say that for enough money they can buy the whole thing.

I tried your history of betas and it still doesnt run worth cr**.

Fire bug is your friend. I took a look at his demo compared to my own, and found the issue.

Edit template: "merc_gallerylite_thumb_list" For each style your currently using.
Find:
Code:
<span class="thumb"><span style="background-image: url('/gallery-images/thumbnails/{$thumb.filename})'"></span></span>
Replace:
Code:
<span class="thumb"><span style="background-image: url('/gallery-images/thumbnails/{$thumb.filename}')"></span></span>
The problem was the single quotation mark "'" was on the wrong side of the closing parentheses.

Top Bottom