• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

mercGallery Lite Beta 1

When the payed version comes out will I be able to convert the free version to the payed version without having members reupload everything? its looking nice!

With the full realization that release dates can change wildly, and it is only a rough estimation....can you offer any idea of when the pro version will be available? I am in need of a full image gallery and would prefer one that is fully integrated with XF as opposed to working in 3rd party software.
I honestly have no idea. I have a lot of work to do and it is taking me long enough to get the little simple mods out let alone a fully featured one. Once I have other work out of the way I will be able to put more time into XenForo. At the moment I am making mods I also need for another project (the lite gallery and downloads for starters) so that I kill two birds with one stone. I will also be researching a lot of other galleries to think a lot about how I will do it. Designing it in my head is usually what takes the most time.

Hello all, i am new to XEN and just setting up and testing, i installed the mercGallery it uploads the images but instead of having the .jpg extension it's putting -jpg as file name and probably in database. I could not find where i can fix that, Can any please guide me how i can fix it. will appreciate any guidance.

thanks,

Hello all, i am new to XEN and just setting up and testing, i installed the mercGallery it uploads the images but instead of having the .jpg extension it's putting -jpg as file name and probably in database. I could not find where i can fix that, Can any please guide me how i can fix it. will appreciate any guidance.

thanks,
That sounds like a fairly weird bug. I can't think of how that is possible. I don't have time to help you right now with it but give some more information like the original file name, the file name in the gallery-images folder. I use the format of filename-data_id.ext so maybe the data_id is missing or something. Hopefully someone else can help you, if not when I get back to this mod (after I get another one into beta) I will work with you to fix it.

thanks for the reply Robbo, the file name in database is DSC003-jpg and file name in images gallery is DSC003-jpg so ofcourse image cannot be displayed as the file extension is not correct. it seems like bug is when you rename the file and instead of filename-data_id.ext it is filename-ext if you can tell me which file you are doing the naming i can look into and fix the problem. Thanks and appreciate it.

If anybody can help me.. I seem to be doing something wrong..
Installation => flawless.
Set permissions for admin => is there and turned on
Created categories (2) => works
Wanting to upload image... Not working.. actually it uploads the image and the thumbnail but throws an error.
Server Error

Undefined variable: order
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Merc/Model/GalleryLite.php at line 134
  2. Merc_Model_GalleryLite->updateImageData() in Merc/ControllerPublic/GalleryLite.php at line 192
  3. Merc_ControllerPublic_GalleryLite->actionSaveImage() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/apache/apache2/htdocs/xen104/index.php at line 13
The image is uploaded (full image and thumbnail) but the in this format: if the image is called image.jpg
I get a file in the folder: called 1-image-jpg
and the same in the thumbnail folder: called 1-image-jpg

The gallery calls the file : 1-image-jpg (of course its broken) but its there and i can download it.

I think its just a teeny weeny thing, a . (dot) instead of a - (dash) at the end of filename, but its strange no one else ran into this...
I must be missing something.

Luc

Just thought i would try this as i like the idea. installed 1.3 Beta. Changed permissions on gallery-images and associated sub folders. Image now uploads, however thumbnail images don't display. Nor does the pic when you click on the thumbnail "box"....

Nice mod. Nice idea. However a mod that doesnt work may as well not exist..... :( I had such high hopes.... :(

A mod in beta is a mod that isn't for production and exists simply to show you where it is going.

Robbo - A mod, whether in Beta or not, that doesn't function, isn't a mod - it's a compilation of code that does nothing.. I'd love to be able to use some of your mods, however you seem to be your own worst enemy - strewn around in the mods that you produce is the continual line of "if you want it and you will pay then it can be done"... or words to that effect. Which is then followed by "i havent time to fix this at the moment as i am doing other work".... leaving a bunch of people that are running/trialling your mods with the decision to leave as is and have something that doesnt work, or to de-install and loose functionality, for the forum and it's users.

And some would argue, in fact, that a mod in beta is a mod in bugfixing, and therefore IS a production mod but with the associated buggy risks, and is not necessarilly recommended for production, however may well function perfectly.

Please don't take this as a criticism of you,your mods or proposed pricing structures. It's just a criticism of the lack of fixes for the great products that you are producing. People, inc myself, need Mods, such as yours, to make their world a better place. What they don't need is a collection of mods that half work.

If it's $$$ you need then just charge from the outset and give lots of support to those that donate, with limited support to the rest, encouraging them to donate.. I'd pay $40 for example for this mod to be working and supported. Unfortunately it's worth nothing broken, other than being a frustration :(

Paul

Well unfotunely for you I need to eat and pay bills just like everyone else. And I have the same amount of time in the day as everyone else. Just be happy I even release my mods, I could make do just doing the work I have been offered on here and make you all pay me $50 an hour if you want a peice of it.

I will have a system in place similar to what you have suggested. I will release 3 types of mods. Firstly open source mods on git which I can't justify any other way of releasing them because they are either incomplete, not up to my normal standard or just tweaks. Secondly mods like this one which will require you to be a {insert name here, something under premium} user to download. Basically something small like a $5 a month subscription and access to all my smaller mods with limited support (just forums). Then there will be the paid mods like the downloads mod which has priority over this one as it has far more demand. Then real support comes with permium users subscriptions which won't be as cheap.

I will try find time to get it released but right now I have a LOT of other work I have to focus on or I will simply be offline due to bills not being paid (actually surprised my internet hasn't been cutoff yet). XenForo is still young, give it time, you will have your mods.

Then there will be the paid mods like the downloads mod which has priority over this one as it has far more demand. Then real support comes with permium users subscriptions which won't be as cheap.

Robbo,

thats another one i'd love to be able to use. However that one isnt even released :( - i have a board awaiting for both a gallery and a download mod :)

I guess what i'm trying to say is that, whilst they are all big mods, they need to be completed one at a time, rather than trying to do several at the same time, ending up with half of one and half of another, proving support to them as well. That, my friend, is all part of the juggling act :)

Paul

They are being done one at a time. I needed the gallery mod for a site so I made a quick little version that worked for me. And downloads is my next public mod which will be released, I have planned it all out and, when I get time to work on it, it will be done in around about 3 weeks. Once I am ahead with bills (tax return and working for a mate next week will help with that) I can get back into these mods full time.

Top Bottom