• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

mercGallery Lite Beta 1

Wow alot of these people seem pretty confident with the grand scheme of things, why don't they just go and make their own gallery?

Anyway, I appreciate what you are doing for the community and look forward to your future releases.

Thank you.

Robbo,

thats another one i'd love to be able to use. However that one isnt even released :( - i have a board awaiting for both a gallery and a download mod :)

I guess what i'm trying to say is that, whilst they are all big mods, they need to be completed one at a time, rather than trying to do several at the same time, ending up with half of one and half of another, proving support to them as well. That, my friend, is all part of the juggling act :)

Paul
maybe subdreamer would help you? Im not sure if its good but I think it has both.

Thank you for your hard work Robbo :) This is great!

thanks for the reply Robbo, the file name in database is DSC003-jpg and file name in images gallery is DSC003-jpg so ofcourse image cannot be displayed as the file extension is not correct. it seems like bug is when you rename the file and instead of filename-data_id.ext it is filename-ext if you can tell me which file you are doing the naming i can look into and fix the problem. Thanks and appreciate it.

Are you testing this on a local installation? On my local test board, I had the same problem as you, but once I added it "live" it worked just fine. To get it working on the test board I needed to add full path's to the image urls rather than starting at "gallery-images". Hope that helps :)

The demo link has no gallery. By the way, the site for the demo link looks awesome! How did you get the front page like that?

Installing gallery now. Thanks!

http://savagerebirth.com/
- site looks great. I think Menus are better than Tabs and Subtabs, especially when you have a site that is more than just a forum. Who made that Style ? It's gorgeous.

The demo link has no gallery. By the way, the site for the demo link looks awesome! How did you get the front page like that?

Installing gallery now. Thanks!
The gallery development is on hold right now. FYI.

Hey guys. When I first released this it had a gallery. Since then I have created a website around XenForo using a heap of custom code and a custom AutoLoader so I can extend things like XenForo_Link. Did this so I can do <xen:link 'site:route' /> which will go to the main site and not /community/. Also the site is far from done, the forums are just placefiller colours and even the home page needs a lot of work still. I'm glad you like it though.

This website is why I haven't got time for things like this, I need to get it done before the game is finished. When it is finished I will showcase it here and start writing developer tutorials about how to get the most out of XenForo. It also powers the games auth and stats APIs which will be like Quake Live. And it powers it oh so well!

The guy who designed it has worked with me for a few years now and is also a 3D modeler. You can see his work at RhylMayes.com. Also, he just makes the design as a PSD and then custs it up for me to put together. And I hate putting together stuff like that. So if you know anyone who would be willing to work basically for free on the project but with future profits (we will be going into the mobile game market following this game) then be sure to tell me :)

PS. way to go off topic :D

Top Bottom