Third party Mentions are not working properly in responsive mode

xffutureuser

Affected version
When you write in cellphone @ and then the user name, you will get a suggestion, you select the suggestion and you continue writing. If you do this, it will continue writing in the username thus damaging the username and the link.

When doing the same in PC, there is no problem. In PC it will make an extra space and you can continue writing. See this video where I wanted to mention user XenForo:

View attachment mentiones.mp4

This looks like it could be a quirk with the keyboard itself. Specifically the auto complete functionality of it. The insertion of the new text (i.e. the selected mention) doesn't reset the keyboard's auto completion bar (the row of words above the keyboard).

I'm not saying there isn't anything we can do about that, but it is possible we might not be able to.

However, before we go any further, we'd need to know what that keyboard is (i.e. whether it's a downloaded one, or default on the device) and what the device specifically is, and which model it is and which Android version etc. For good measure, the version of Chrome you're using would be useful too.

WOW. Thanks a lot for such a fast reaction. In vB5 I would have to use complicated software, completely different from the forum, to report a bug. Then I would have to ask other people to vote on it. Because when not enough votes, they will not bother to fix a bug. And even if enough votes, still it doesn't mean that they will fix a bug, if they don't consider it as important enough to them. There are several bugs known to them for 5 years and still not fixed.

Last edited:
@Chris D I am on galaxy 7 and it does it for me as well.

If I backspace a few times and select your name again, it seems to take the second attempt at selecting your name.

Top Bottom