mattwservices.co.uk - Server Configuration / Hosting / Support

I am on the fence if would hire @MattW. I have asked 2 technical questions. Matt answered one question with a very vague response and the other question he didn't answer at all. Would have hired him too if the responses would have been more informative. (n)

Itworx4me

I am on the fence if would hire @MattW. I have asked 2 technical questions. Matt answered one question with a very vague response and the other question he didn't answer at all. Would have hired him too if the responses would have been more informative. (n)

Itworx4me
Your first question was a vague question. How many xenforo sites can I fit on a server? With no server specs, or details about how big or small the sites would be. Hence my vague response.

Your second PM which I've only just found amongst the many PMs I get on here asking for help. I can only apologies for missing it, but the answer is quite easily found from a simple search on Google.

I hired Matt last week to fix a few issues we were having with our site that were taking us offline. I was seriously impressed by his speed and skill. He got us back up and running in no time and optimised our server. He explained what he was doing in a jargon free way, answered my questions and followed up to address any other issues we may have. Thanks Matt, I look forward to working with you again.

I can't recommend Matt enough, fantastic service

Myself and Nimbus Hosting should hopefully have something to announce next week ;)
We are fully up and running, with several customer already moved over.

So, myself and Nimbus have teamed up, and I'm now offering their VPS packages, with my own cPanel or nginx/centminmod builds. You will have a managed service by myself, with the backing and support of the team at Nimbus if required, so you are in a set of very safe, knowledgeable hands (y). I've been able to add some extra features to the Premium packages, such as a free Litespeed licence if required.

A full list of details and packages can be found on my site:

https://mattwservices.co.uk/resources/categories/mws-vps-hosting.11/

This isn't CHEAP VPS hosting, it's QUALITY, PERSONAL managed VPS hosting :)

These new vps 100mp or 1gp ports? SATA or SSD?
They are capped at 100MB
Code:
root@cloud [~]# wget http://speedtest.london.linode.com/100MB-london.bin
--2015-05-01 08:34:35--  http://speedtest.london.linode.com/100MB-london.bin
Resolving speedtest.london.linode.com... 176.58.107.39, 2a01:7e00::4b
Connecting to speedtest.london.linode.com|176.58.107.39|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: “100MB-london.bin”

100%[===================================================================================================================================================================================================>] 104,857,600 11.2M/s   in 8.9s   

2015-05-01 08:34:44 (11.2 MB/s) - “100MB-london.bin” saved [104857600/104857600]

root@cloud [~]#

Code:
Entry Level
HP DL360 Gen 8
Dual 6 core 2.1 intel Xeon processor
Raid1 Configured SAS Drives
Maximum Client to Hardware Ratio: 25:1

Premium Cloud
HP DL360 Gen 8
Dual 6 core 2.6 intel Xeon processor
Raid1 Configured SAS Drives
Maximum Client to Hardware Ratio: 15:1

I once again recommend MattW. I have hired him before so paid for an hour of time through his website about out of resources problems with 2 xenforo sites. He helped me identify the source of the problem. It was related to a wordpress site running on the same server generating too many /tmp files. I then asked if he had time available to upgrade the xenforo installs and other server software, which he did very quickly and efficiently. I personally recommend his responsiveness and good knowledge about problems/services like these.

Last edited:
Where to start...
Running the largest watch site in the Nordics, it was down on it's knees in server load. A lot of traffic, old software, not optimized at all.
Found this awesome guy named Matt, and he created magic with my site.
All new VPS, tweaked for Xenforo. He moved my existing site to the new one. Did all the upgrades to the latest Xenforo version, installed Elastic search, Media Gallery, new style and did a lot of tweaks. Even solved a Tapatalk problem on the go, a problem that haven't even been answered yet on the Tapatalk official forum(!)

No problem at all in communications, and this is important for me.

As you can guess, I'm more than satisfied with Matt's work - I now have a lightning fast site.
He's a pro and I vouch for him.

Where to start...
Running the largest watch site in the Nordics, it was down on it's knees in server load. A lot of traffic, old software, not optimized at all.
Found this awesome guy named Matt, and he created magic with my site.
All new VPS, tweaked for Xenforo. He moved my existing site to the new one. Did all the upgrades to the latest Xenforo version, installed Elastic search, Media Gallery, new style and did a lot of tweaks. Even solved a Tapatalk problem on the go, a problem that haven't even been answered yet on the Tapatalk official forum(!)

No problem at all in communications, and this is important for me.

As you can guess, I'm more than satisfied with Matt's work - I now have a lightning fast site.
He's a pro and I vouch for him.
Thank you for allowing me the chance to work with you David, it's been a pleasure, and great seeing your site running as it should be :D

Well what can we say about @MattW ?
We have a droplet with DO, and have been unable to install a caching facility, due to broken dependencies.
So we contacted Matt, his price was extremely reasonable to; clone our site, backup things, transfer the site on a new droplet with caching etc in place.

We asked advice on apache/Ubuntu to CentOS and nginx - and we are so glad we went with him on everything. Not only did he manage to do what was needed, he actually worked earlier than planned, without us asking.
So I can't recommend him enough as a result! Top man!

if you're needing a shiny new droplet/server after issues or need migrating, matt is the man to call. he made it look so simple and easy, was done within such a short space of time too.
We highly recommend him and we will definitely be back.
Thank you Matt for helping us, and the difference to the site is phenomenal. :D

Our website just switched from Vbulliten over to Xenforo. I had contacted Matt to see if he would be able to help me initially configure the Xenforo site along with helping migrate our data over to the new board. @MattW has been a HUGE HUGE help. He migrated over everything so quick and was EXTREMELY HELPFUL!! Every single question (tons of questions) i asked Matt he answered right away and super fast!

In the end he found that we would have issues uploading files larger than 1MB due to our hosting company. He provided us pricing to move to his servers which was ALOT cheaper than 1and1 who i would NOT recommend using.

If you need any type of help / support / or server hosting contact Matt he is the man!!

Hi @MattW ,

Are you around to take a quick look at my server and make sure it's setup awesomely and to your standards?
I'm also struggling with my existing server management guy to get FFMPEG setup and also the XF Arcade games wont upload due to some error to do with PEAR or something?. And he's lost with that too my usual guy is.

Perhaps you're around these days? Should I PC you?

Thanks

Hi @MattW ,

Are you around to take a quick look at my server and make sure it's setup awesomely and to your standards?
I'm also struggling with my existing server management guy to get FFMPEG setup and also the XF Arcade games wont upload due to some error to do with PEAR or something?. And he's lost with that too my usual guy is.

Perhaps you're around these days? Should I PC you?

Thanks
Hi @Donny , yes, please start a PC with me, or sign up on my site and we can discuss further

I'm a new customer with @MattW

Matt has done the following work for me so far:
-Elasticsearch installation
-Enhanced search installation (5 sites)
-PHP/MySQL update
-Upgrade to MariaDB
-Removing APCu
-Opcache/Memcached installation and configuration
-Setup script for automatic backups of all databases

My sites are now faster and better than ever. I'm signed up for the monthly XenForo maintenance and monthly server plans as well.

Matt gets an A+ rating for quality of work, pricing, response times, and communication.

Wish I had found him years ago!

It's been almost 6 months since I wrote that, and @MattW has continued to do outstanding work for me. He setup my new server and migrated all my sites this morning. Process could not possibly have gone more smoothly. I have never had a server move go so well.

He also recommended and setup DNSMadeEasy for me - another great upgrade.

Super responsive, knowledgeable, fast, thorough.

Thanks MattW for all the great work!

Top Bottom