MattW 1.2 Beta

Violet Freann Worthington

Born yesterday at 10:43am weighing 6lb 10oz

53878_2013-12-17_16.06.30.jpg
53879_2013-12-17_13.31.13.jpg

Mother and baby are both doing well :)
Congrats Matt! Amazing isn't it? Did you cry? I did lol blubbed like a baby :D

Thank you all for the well wishes. We've been home since this afternoon, so just trying to get settled in now ready for the first of countless sleepless nights to come.
Usually, the first few nights are actually good ones. So sleep... sleep now... Because it is only the quiet before the storm.

Congrats Matt! Amazing isn't it? Did you cry? I did lol blubbed like a baby :D
I didn't quite have time to cry mate. I had to stay calm for Amy. She had to be rushed in for a category 1 c section as soon as we arrived at the hospital. We were trying for a home birth, and after almost 3 days, she decided to go to hospital just before the midwife was going to give her dimorphine injection.

Soon as we got there, baby's HR dropped, and the rushed her straight in. 5 minutes later, I was holding her while Amy came around from the general anesthetic.

Turns out the placenta had started to come away, so baby wasn't getting enough oxygen.

I didn't quite have time to cry mate. I had to stay calm for Amy. She had to be rushed in for a category 1 c section as soon as we arrived at the hospital. We were trying for a home birth, and after almost 3 days, she decided to go to hospital just before the midwife was going to give her dimorphine injection.

Soon as we got there, baby's HR dropped, and the rushed her straight in. 5 minutes later, I was holding her while Amy came around from the general anesthetic.

Turns out the placenta had started to come away, so baby wasn't getting enough oxygen.

Ahhhh man. Sounds like you did an amazing job anyway mate. It's funny how these things pan out isn't it.

We went up the hospital at 3pm and got sent home, decided to go back up about 6 but Steph was in too much pain to walk, so rang for an ambulance. Got to the ward in the hospital at 6:28 and Izzy was born at 6:33. Babies heart rate had dropped right low so had doctors and midwives running all over.

Nobody prepares you for when it doesn't go to plan.

Still, izzy is 6 weeks old on Sunday and these first few days/weeks have been amazing. Look forward to it mate and spend as much time with them as possible.

:)

I imagine that was a little nerve rattling, but glad things turned out OK. :)

Top Bottom