XF 2.1 Limited beta testing of XF/XFMG/XFRM 2.1.1 and XFI 1.2.0 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
šŸ‘‹

We've been hard at work since the release of XenForo 2.1.0 focusing on a few things that have been in our backlog for some time. Notably... Importers.

We're trying to steer away from the workaround of having to import via XF 1.5 before upgrading to XF 2.x.

Starting with the versions mentioned above, it will be possible to import from the following platforms:
  • IPS Forums 4.x
  • IPS Gallery 4.x
  • Photopost Pro 8.x
  • Photopost vBGallery
  • vBulletin Albums 3.x
  • vBulletin Albums 4.x
  • XenForo Media Gallery 2.0
  • XenForo Media Gallery 2.1
  • XenForo Resource Manager 2.0
  • XenForo Resource Manager 2.1
Most of these importers already exist in XF 1.5, with the exception of the XFMG -> XFMG and XFRM -> XFRM importers which are brand new (and make sense seeing as we have an XF -> XF importer).

XenForo 2.1.1 will also include a few improvements to the import CLI command. Notably, multi-process imports! This means that if you are importing on a multi-core server, it may make sense to assign multiple processes to the import. This means that multiple processes will run the import in parallel, thus therefore decreasing the amount of time it takes to complete the import.

In the limited testing we have done so far, a CLI import which previously took 47 minutes was completed in 22 minutes on a 4-core processor using 4 processes. This was just a dev machine running locally and therefore your mileage may vary.

If you are currently in the process of planning a migration from any of the above and you would like the opportunity to test any of the above before the stable release (likely in a week or two) then please post ME ME ME šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø below and I will add you to a conversation with details on how to access.

To participate in the beta you must have a license for the product(s) you are importing into which has active support/upgrades. Given that this is a beta, please be willing to only perform test imports in the first instance and be prepared for possible bugs - although the importers have been tested, we only have a limited amount of data available and it may not cover some weird edge cases/invalid source data.

A few people have mentioned beta testing already, if that is you I will be in contact shortly

(y)

Last edited:
That may be useful, but at the same time, the stable release is very close so we'd probably need it to be a very quick import ;)

I'll see what I can do (there are some outstanding issues I need to resolve first).

Thanks to everyone who had the opportunity to test.

We've just release XF 2.1.1 and Importers 1.2.0 so head over to the customer area to download :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom