MattW 1.2 Beta

Had the 4d scan yesterday.
image.webp

image.webp

1 week left until the wife's due date. We bit the bullet and have got rid of my Astra VXR last Friday, and replaced it for an Audi A3 with 5 doors (and a diesel engine!)

53505_image.jpg

Was sad to see the Astra go, as it was my pride and joy for the last 4 years. Looking forward to the reduction in running costs though, and should be a lot more practical to use with a family.

1 week left until the wife's due date. We bit the bullet and have got rid of my Astra VXR last Friday, and replaced it for an Audi A3 with 5 doors (and a diesel engine!)

53505_image.jpg

Was sad to see the Astra go, as it was my pride and joy for the last 4 years. Looking forward to the reduction in running costs though, and should be a lot more practical to use with a family.
Good choice. Good on mileage, high safety rating, but still has the maneuverability. (y)

Good choice. Good on mileage, high safety rating, but still has the maneuverability. (y)
Yeah, I'm really pleased with it so far. It's missing 140bhp compared to my Astra, but can easily get 55mpg in this, compared to struggling to get 22mpg in the Astra. A lot better build quality compared to the Astra as well. Cheap to insure (£19 a month), cheap road tax (£20 a year).

Yeah, I'm really pleased with it so far. It's missing 140bhp compared to my Astra, but can easily get 55mpg in this, compared to struggling to get 22mpg in the Astra. A lot better build quality compared to the Astra as well. Cheap to insure (£19 a month), cheap road tax (£20 a year).
You sir are a fine example of how American insurance has gone running out of control. It is the law here that if you finance or lease a new car, you must get complete full coverage. And for someone with a long stable history of good driving, it still cost a lot more than what you're paying now.

It's only recently got better in the UK for male drivers. We used to get penalised for being "male" and females got significantly cheaper insurance. This has been changed and they have to offer equal insurance. The good thing is, it appears they have reduced male premiums, rather than just increase female prices.
They have also had a massive clamp down on false personal injury claims, which has gone towards the reduction in insurance costs.

I've been driving 11 years with no claims or points, and full no claims entitlement. Until this year when I turned 30, I was used to paying close to £1k a year on the Astra. It went down to £400 in September, and the Audi is just over £200 a year.

Looks like his daddy lol
Or maybe her daddy?

Violet Freann Worthington

Born yesterday at 10:43am weighing 6lb 10oz

53878_2013-12-17_16.06.30.jpg
53879_2013-12-17_13.31.13.jpg

Mother and baby are both doing well :)
Congratulations Matt and wife.

She's beautiful. I know how you're feeling right now :)

I was beginning to wonder what could be so important that you weren't testing the awesome Xen Media Gallery 2.0 for me, but it now all makes sense. Congratulations again :)

Top Bottom