Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

This addon is working great now, I spotted already the buggy/having problem addon that conflict with this.

Adding on to this, it still works after the specified amount of people choose the post, but my selection is not remembered.
When you say your selection isn't remembered, do you mean that you still get the "Best Answer" button in that post, instead of the "Unmark Best Answer"?

When you say your selection isn't remembered, do you mean that you still get the "Best Answer" button in that post, instead of the "Unmark Best Answer"?
Yes. After the ajax call, it displays, "Unmark as best answer", but when I refresh the page, or leave the thread and come back, it displays, "Mark as best answer".

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this on my own setup.

Would you mind if I examine this on your forum installation?

So am I correct now is saying that there are THREE methods now to select best answers?

"
There are 2 options for how best answers are chosen, which can be set in the admin control panel:
  • The thread creator chooses the best answer.
  • The community chooses the best answer: Any user can vote for a single post in a thread to be the best answer, and the post with the highest amount of votes is automatically set as the best answer."
The third being that you can have ONLY the mods, admins or other people with permissions mark an answer as best?

That's all I need. I don't need voting and I surely don't want the person asking the question to determine the best answer!

So am I correct now is saying that there are THREE methods now to select best answers?

"
There are 2 options for how best answers are chosen, which can be set in the admin control panel:
  • The thread creator chooses the best answer.
  • The community chooses the best answer: Any user can vote for a single post in a thread to be the best answer, and the post with the highest amount of votes is automatically set as the best answer."
The third being that you can have ONLY the mods, admins or other people with permissions mark an answer as best?

That's all I need. I don't need voting and I surely don't want the person asking the question to determine the best answer!
That's correct. Using the thread creator option combined with custom permissions would give you just that.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this on my own setup.

Would you mind if I examine this on your forum installation?
I ended up changing it to poster/staff member marks as best answer, so examining my installation now wouldn't help.

Now I'm having an issue on the member profile page. Selecting the "Best Answers" tab shows data from the "information" tab. It seems everything has shifted, but nothing ever shows for best answers. You can see this at http://lazyloaders.com. Click on my username (I'm the only one with best answers at the moment).

Hi Lior, really great modification this and I am definetly going to implement it when I switch to xenforo. One question though, and apologies if I overlooked this already being asked....One of the pet peaves of my membership is the fact that someone can become a 'senior member' purely based on post count, meaning some people might take the advice of a senior member as gospel even though it could be far from it. I know best answers are listed in profiles, but is there a way of tying this in directly with the members user rank?

Top Bottom