Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

I do not know this add-on, but this is what i would do. Maybe you can check the install files which tables are used.

Well, the error message is quite clear:
Field 'alternative_best_answers' doesn't have a default value

So either remove this non-standard field from table xf_thread (if you do not use/need it any longer) or make sure it does have a default value.

So either remove this non-standard field from table xf_thread (if you do not use/need it any longer) or make sure it does have a default value.
Oh! See I was struggling to know what table was it, searching on phpmyadmin wasn't returning results on that table.

Currently you can either uninstall the add-on, set a default value for the alternative_best_answers field or disable STRICT_TRANS_TABLES in your mysql config.

I will address this issue in the next version.
How do you do any of these steps? I cannot seem to figure this out. No one on my forum can use the service. And with 37k+ members it's really stressful not having them be able to do anything...

Use phpMYAdmin, find the table xf_thread and remove the field alternative_best_answers or make sure it does have a default value.

There is, otherwise your site would be very broken.

Go to the next page.
idk why I couldn't look it up, but it was in fact on the second page lol. Yeah, dropping the alternative_best_answers seemed to have fixed the error! Thank you all so much!

I've uninstalled the add-on and deleted the only table I could find for it in my MYSQL yet the issue that others here have posted still persists. How do you eliminate this add-on completely? Using 2.0.3 and none of my users can post in the forums now. Help!

screenshot_151.webp

As I posted in your other thread, delete the alternative_best_answers field from the xf_thread table.

Top Bottom