Load problem - Help with server / xenforo optimization

Ok it doesn't matter which plugins I disable, it throws an error for another plugin after.

Don't know what else to do... I haven't changed anything and the site was really fast and with zero problems up to three days ago.

Do it the reverse.

Disable all add-ons and then enable each one, one at a time, and check again.

I think my account on your site still has admin access, would you like me to try a few things for you, with regards to add-ons?

I just got this error at one point while trying to load a thread on your site...

An unexpected database error.

The details of the error are:

<!-- Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away -->

Yep, all add-ons are now off and there's still major issues:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/travelst/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 50
  6. XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 309
  7. XenForo_Application::handleException()

Are your hosts not able to provide any sort of support with this at all? There seems to be something seriously wrong with MySQL and I know if my site was doing this I'd go straight to Tim at Nimbus Hosting and he'd have it fixed ASAP.

I've opened a ticket with them , see what happens. In the meantime let's turn back on the add-ons since they are not to blame.

Only thing I get in the logs are in the apache error log, that tells me something about another one of my sites that I recently converted from vbulletin to smf as it's not really alive anymore:

[Mon Jul 22 15:04:23.222624 2013] [:error] [pid 4935] [client 173.199.119.59:57613] File does not exist: /home/movietal/public_html/member.php

I've killed that site for now, creating a folder protection in http_docs, as it didn't make any sense to have all these errors, that site barely has 1 visitor.

Only thing I get in the logs are in the apache error log, that tells me something about another one of my sites that I recently converted from vbulletin to smf as it's not really alive anymore:

[Mon Jul 22 15:04:23.222624 2013] [:error] [pid 4935] [client 173.199.119.59:57613] File does not exist: /home/movietal/public_html/member.php

Hello,

Do't forget ton redirect old vbulletin urls to xenforo.

And mysql log ? can you copy/paste the last 30 lines

Same situation today.... load high, settings exactly the same as last week when site was just fine....

I don't know what else to do...

To me it's simple:

1) Get assistance from who you pay your hard earned money to (e.g. your hosts)
or
2) They're not doing their job so change hosts.

The only problem with point 2) is you never know what the problem was ultimately and you can't guarantee it won't happen again with another host.

I've seen before this reluctance to contact hosts over on-going server issues and I don't understand it. There must be some level of support they can provide. And often this might actually highlight to them issues with their own network or equipment.

If you haven't contacted them already, do so. If they're not treating it seriously then start throwing your weight around until they do. At the end of the day: you're their customer. And if you're having server related issues then they should be paying attention to that or they'll lose you as a customer.

I'm not reluctant to contact them, I really don't see how someone could reach at that conclusion.

I've already contacted them and all they said is to restart mysql, they can't investigate what the problem of the load is (as in their view the server is setup just fine).

As you said, unless I change hosts there is no way of telling if the problem is with my site or the server...

I cannot possibly know how to prove to any host that there is a problem with the server and not the site (as they cannot prove to me the other way around)

Top Bottom