Load problem - Help with server / xenforo optimization

In my case, my host came back and said that he has got a specific "perfect" and tested setup, and from the moment we start messing with it (example changing the hanlder to support APC), he cannot support me and I have to do everything by myself.
So ask him to revert to his "tested" setup. Once is set the way they like, they cannot complain if things are broken, right? In my humble opinion, your host setup is a disaster, but that is just me. Once everything is reverted to their likings, start looking at the logs and point them the issues. I expect they will not provide with any support and blame it on XenForo software, which we all know it works perfectly fine in an minimal CentOS environment.

Just to make things clear: a minimal setup is better because 1) it uses a lot less resources and 2) allows you to identify a lot easier the problems since you don't deal with intermediate parts that could affect/break your server stability.

So, basically he's saying he won't support anything other than his default setup (which doesn't work...) so I'll change hosts.
Ultimately, that might be the best solution.

Their "tested" setup wasn't producing these fcgid errors/warnings, but the site was producing huge loads for no reason whatsoever - they say that it's just the site's size.

They say that it's just the site's size.
That is simply not true. Stats for a XenForo site running on CentOS 6.4 minimal with Axivo rpm's:
Discussions: 46,009
Members: 42,504
Online now: 864 (members: 71, guests: 793)

IMG_04082013_213609.webp

Last edited:
I get trying to open it..

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/travelst/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Helper/String.php on line 371

Yeah I know, that's what I'm asking, what should I do? THere's obviously soemthing wrong with the data in that thread but I don't know how to troubleshoot it.

I would start with trying to repair the data base.

stop MySQL 1st..

mysqlcheck --database_name -r
mysqlcheck --database_name -a
mysqlcheck --database_name -o

then start MySQL

I've repaired what I could - not much happened - most of the tables are InnoDB anyway, so they don't get repaired.

No, upgrading to 1.2 is not easy for me as I need to find someone to fix the style first among other things.

And I don't really know what the problem is -you said it's the greek characters in the URL. But that's all of my forum, all of the threads and posts have greek characters in the url. And the same thread loads just fine in its other pages.

So that's not it.

Any other ideas?

Ok so I went into the database and cleaned up that first posts' old vbulletin bbcode and the thread loads now. :)

Top Bottom