Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
It does not show the same option as you added picture under "Configuration", how to choose the option in picture?
Same question. Just updated the plugin, but can not find these option in: Options > Live Updates Options
Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 17.56.40.webp

Not currently. There may be some SQL queries in this thread that set that. Might only be a page or two back IIRC. I'll try and add it to the FAQ tab later if I get a chance.

Great, didn't know if it would make sense to add to this add-on but it would pretty much require this add-on to function properly ;) Will see if I have time to get to it after work tonight :)
Where will this customized version be shared to? And what extra features have you added? :D

Guys, I've been working on a new version of Live Update and @Jake B. has also implemented a new feature.

There's some quite sizeable changes here so before doing a full release I thought it would be best to offer it out to those brave enough to test it. There's some details on the changes below. You can actually download the beta version here: https://github.com/chrisdeeming/LiveUpdate/releases/tag/4.1.0-beta

Live Update 4.1
This version of Live Update adds a number of new features:
  • In addition to notifying users of new alerts/inbox via the favicon and tab title, thanks to @JakeBooher we now have support for displaying a browser notification
  • The user preferences have been redesigned to allow more flexibility
  • Admins now have the ability to set the default preferences in the Admin CP > Options > Live Update:

• If admins would prefer that their users not have multiple options for display, there is a new user permission (disabled by default). Users with permission can change the setting below. Users without permission will default to whatever settings are set in the options (above):

• Have now moved away from the tinycon library and are now using favico.js which seems to be better maintained by its authors. There are potentially more configuration options too, see the liveupdate_page_container_js_body template and some of the settings available here: http://lab.ejci.net/favico.js/

Top Bottom