Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
If that is indeed the cause, it's likely something I can fix and release an update for.

Which style are you using?

I think I may have a test license for XenBase, though really it's probably not exclusive to their style, but if I do have the same style then I'll do some testing with that and see if I can filter out this additional number that appears.

Incidentally, the blurred favicon is likely something to do with the tinycon library itself - the little tool I use to add the number onto the favicon. There may not be a direct way around this but I will check it out.

This add-on suddenly stopped displaying alerts on the /forums/ page (but still displays them on other pages).
There isn't a particular reason I can think of as to why this would happen, unless, like in the example above, there's some sort of style issue. Has anything been changed on the forum home page? Specifically related to the conversation count and alert count?

There isn't a particular reason I can think of as to why this would happen, unless, like in the example above, there's some sort of style issue. Has anything been changed on the forum home page? Specifically related to the conversation count and alert count?
Nothing that I can think of (certainly no template edits or anything of that nature), although we've just moved to the latest XF 1.4.10/1.5 from 1.1 in the last week, so there have been a lot of changes. Incidentally, the blurring only began when I updated the add-on when we moved to the new platform, it didn't occur on XF1.1.

Incidentally, the blurred favicon is likely something to do with the tinycon library itself
This is definitely not a styling issue, it appears to be a resolution issue of some sort.

When browsing our forum on an iMac today (I believe it's 2560 x 1440 pixel) the favicon and alert count displayed beautifully.

But upon returning to my 13-inch Macbook Pro (1280 x 800) it was blurry and didn't display correctly.

Not sure if that helps you diagnose the issue...

@Chris D im not sure if you seen my tags on the app thread, but after installing the app..your mod option "tabs on icon" stopped working..and if i pick "both"..only (1) will show..tab on icon will show when i refresh, but only if picked both

can you edit the mod so it works with the app? seems like a small edit is needed :(

I'm generally ignoring posts in that thread as people have been mentioning me for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure how much help I can be, seeing as another add on appears to be causing the problem.

Maybe it's a dodgy template modification replacement or something but I don't really have a way to test this.

Have you got any more info? Any errors in the browser console (F12).

I'm generally ignoring posts in that thread as people have been mentioning me for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure how much help I can be, seeing as another add on appears to be causing the problem.

Maybe it's a dodgy template modification replacement or something but I don't really have a way to test this.

Have you got any more info? Any errors in the browser console (F12).
these errors appear when i receive the alert
upload_2015-10-28_23-47-54.webp

I'm not certain, but it could well be the Cross-Origin policy error as is being reported.

It would seem that every time the server is polled for LiveUpdate it brings down this image:
https://apps.vbresults.com/libraries/smart-app-banner/img/sectioneighty.com.png

I've looked at the response coming back from the live updating polling, and the response does not include anything other than a small amount of text containing the info needed to update the alert/inbox count.

I think the first step would be to sort out this cross-origin error -- that would appear to be coming from the smart app banner. If that is resolved and the issue with live update persists, let me know,

I'm not certain, but it could well be the Cross-Origin policy error as is being reported.

It would seem that every time the server is polled for LiveUpdate it brings down this image:
https://apps.vbresults.com/libraries/smart-app-banner/img/sectioneighty.com.png

I've looked at the response coming back from the live updating polling, and the response does not include anything other than a small amount of text containing the info needed to update the alert/inbox count.

I think the first step would be to sort out this cross-origin error -- that would appear to be coming from the smart app banner. If that is resolved and the issue with live update persists, let me know,
thank you for the reply

it will probably not get fixed sadly lol..but thanks anyway mate

It does not show the same option as you added picture under "Configuration", how to choose the option in picture?

Yesterday after updating xenforo and some add-ons, I started getting errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
https://denofangels.com/index.php?liveupdate

I tried disabling all add-ons but this one, and it still happened. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again, but no luck. Any idea what might be causing the problem?

If it's a permissions issue, what permissions would I change?

I thought perhaps I made a mistake with the upgrade, but everything else is working and the file health check says all files are present. There are no server errors.

I don't have a reasonable explanation for this.

Nothing has changed in XF that would cause this. There are no permission checks here. There's literally nothing that should go wrong, here. It doesn't do anything other than display a message, you can see that here:

https://xenresources.com/index.php?liveupdate

The only thing I can think of is if there is something server side that would be blocking this? In which case you may need to consult with your host. Or if upgrading or installing another add-on has done something, but that doesn't seem likely.

Whatever it is, it seems to be specifically targeted towards Live Update as other URLs seem to work fine.

I wish I could help more, but there's literally no fathomable reason this should go wrong. In terms of the code, you couldn't get any simpler:
PHP:
<?php

class LiveUpdate_ControllerPublic_Update extends XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract
{
   public function actionIndex()
   {
      return $this->responseMessage(new XenForo_Phrase('liveupdate_request_completed_successfully'));
   }
}
And all the code that is called before that is basically run of the mill stuff.

Top Bottom