Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
JS update date? You mean the Update Interval?

If yes I tried it on my site and it doesn't seem to have fixed it. Version ID is 4010072

Admin CP > Debug Options > JavaScript Last Update

Change the value there. It is this value which is used to build the cache buster on the JS files. If this changes, the cache buster changes and it will automatically resolve any browser caching oddities.

Also if you're using a CDN ensure the JS files were synced and uploaded properly.

Props to whichever one of you is responsible for /js/liveupdate/xenforo.js. I haven't had many needs for extending the xenforo js base but I've been over complicating it for sure. I like how this is done.

Should have read Admin CP > Options > Debug Options

admin.php?options/list/debug

You may need debug mode enabled to access that.

I will address it automatically in the next update, though.

Props to whichever one of you is responsible for /js/liveupdate/xenforo.js. I haven't had many needs for extending the xenforo js base but I've been over complicating it for sure. I like how this is done.

Took a surprising amount of time to get it to work properly. Probably the most time I've spent on like 4 lines of code, though I'm definitely not a JS developer by any means :p

Now running rc3. Besides the user selectable options, it looks the same as before. lol Am I missing something? :D

User selectable options have changed, there's an additional notification option (Notifications API), the admin can set the default notification options, the admin can choose whether or not to allow users to change their notification options via a permission, and the tinycon library has been replaced with favicon.js.

But technically it "looks" the same. For some reason, I thought there'd be more details in the popup alert, like stuff saying what kind of update, etc. :)

@Chris D, quick question, will all signed-in members (after updating to the latest Live Update version) be asked if they allow notifications from the site?

I was asked on XR.com, even though I hadn't enabled the notifications (but I guess you had enabled them for everyone by default?). I didn't need to touch the settings on XR, when we ran the test you and me.

That said, I'd rather everyone not automatically be asked if they allow notifications; but rather only those who opt to enable the Notifications API thing in their settings. Is this possible?

Yeah I've been meaning to change that default behaviour.

So here we go:
https://github.com/chrisdeeming/LiveUpdate/releases/tag/4.1.0-rc4

If you've already installed a previous version, to reset everything you will need to uninstall and reinstall.

By default now, the following happens:
  • A new install, will only have the 'tab_icon' method enabled.
  • Upgrades will carry over whatever their setting was on the previous versions.
  • The default for newly registering users will always just be the 'tab_icon' method unless you change it in the options to something else.

Yeah I've been meaning to change that default behaviour.

So here we go:
https://github.com/chrisdeeming/LiveUpdate/releases/tag/4.1.0-rc4

If you've already installed a previous version, to reset everything you will need to uninstall and reinstall.

By default now, the following happens:
  • A new install, will only have the 'tab_icon' method enabled.
  • Upgrades will carry over whatever their setting was on the previous versions.
  • The default for newly registering users will always just be the 'tab_icon' method unless you change it in the options to something else.

To install this version I made sure I uninstalled it and even purged the server files.

We are getting this error in ACP when ever someone saves their preferences page.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'liveupdate_display_option' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: The Dark Wizard, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('UPDATE `xf_user...')
#1 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'UPDATE `xf_user...')
#2 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('UPDATE `xf_user...')
#3 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `xf_user...', Array)
#4 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1654): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('xf_user_option', Array, '(user_id = 9719...')
#5 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1623): XenForo_DataWriter->_update()
#6 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#7 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/LiveUpdate/ControllerPublic/Account.php(33): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/BetterLogout/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(7): LiveUpdate_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPreferencesSave()
#9 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Account.php(74): BetterLogout_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPreferencesSave()
#10 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenGallery_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPreferencesSave()
#11 /home/rpnation/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/rpnation/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "https://www.rpnation.com/account/preferences-save"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/account/preferences-save"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(23) {
["style_id"] => string(2) "73"
["language_id"] => string(1) "1"
["timezone"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
["bl_logout_option"] => string(1) "0"