LiteSpeed Cache - Community

LiteSpeed Cache - Community 1.0.4.3

No permission to download
do this first
/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 5.0.12

For VB & XF, are there under same virtual host or different? You can set up different cache storage / policy for different vhost.
Enable Public Cache has to be "No" and Check Public Cache has to be "Yes".

do this first

For VB & XF, are there under same virtual host or different? You can set up different cache storage / policy for different vhost.
Enable Public Cache has to be "No" and Check Public Cache has to be "Yes".
Check Public Cache is unfortunately what breaks vB (suddenly all cached pages start logging users out). They're on the same vhost, but I can work on switching that for testing purposes.

However, even with that setting changed, the issues persisted in xF

Also, I am all upgraded to the latest LS version

the xf plugin is working differently than the rewrite rule based solution for VB. we may have a plugin for VB later.
If you do not have a test environment, you may have to disable cache for VB.
what's the remaining error on XF? I assume this should go away if you have latest lsws build (Cookies are required to log in to this site. You will not be able to log in until they are accepted.)

the xf plugin is working differently than the rewrite rule based solution for VB. we may have a plugin for VB later.
what's the remaining error on XF? I assume this should go away if you have latest lsws build (Cookies are required to log in to this site. You will not be able to log in until they are accepted.)
Ok will give it a try. Thanks!

Same problem, even with the cache settings set identically to the guide and vB disabled.

What's really weird is that everything works 100% fine from my phone. I can log out, login, visit admin panel, register, etc.

Errors only happen on my laptop. Even with incognito mode. Does this plugin have problems if you were already logged in when it's first enabled?

@litespeed.lauren got on Skype and figured it out! Issue was HTTPS compatibility. They have made the fix to the LS release, and now everything is working flawlessly. Took one cache clear. Now can log out, login, register, etc with no problems. Load tests are lightning fast :)

Also, if anyone (like me) is running vBulletin with the LS cache plugin and want to test xF + LS cache, George provided the below .htaccess rule in the xenForo directory, which will allow you to use cache on both. If you enable public cache lookup globally, vBulletin will get really screwed up. This solves that, by only enabling the setting for xF!

<IfModule Litespeed>
CacheLookup public on
</IfModule>

Thank you Litespeed for the amazing live support and getting this resolved!!

"CacheLookup public on"
This is the new feature added in the build uploaded an hour ago. Before this setting only available in lsws native config, thus you can only set in the global cache policy. Now with it's in htaccess, you can set at context level.
Do a force upgrade on 5.0.12 to get this.
This build also fixed https issue.

Hi, I followed the instructions to a T. After enabling i could not login to my forum. luckily i was still logged into my admincp and disabled the plugin. I am now trying an update from lsws .12 o .13 will report back once that is in..

Hi, I followed the instructions to a T. After enabling i could not login to my forum. luckily i was still logged into my admincp and disabled the plugin. I am now trying an update from lsws .12 o .13 will report back once that is in..
ok all seems well on .13, just testing..

update* well I just had an odd random logout. It took 2 gos to get logged back in. I don't know if that is a one off or it's going to keep booting me out. Will see if my members are experiencing this..

*another update: ok, it has logged me out yet again. I have disabled the addon for now which is a bummer as it boosted my performace huuuugely. I'll wait for some help here

*p.s. as far as I know I have not done anything with htaccess as I saw no documentation in these instructions for that?

Last edited:
Hi sross,

Sorry to hear your having trouble. The Add-on should not be interfering with you being logged in, will need a little more information to find out what is going on. Do you notice being logged out after clicking on a new link or is it an unexpected timeout? Also if you could try going back to the previous page after appearing logged out and checking if it is still logged in or not. What kind of page are you seeing when being logged out, a page on your forum or something else?

Thank you for your patience.

Edit: If possible please also check if “X-LiteSpeed-Cache: hit” is appearing in your response header after being logged out.

Last edited:
Hi sross,

Sorry to hear your having trouble. The Add-on should not be interfering with you being logged in, will need a little more information to find out what is going on. Do you notice being logged out after clicking on a new link or is it an unexpected timeout? Also if you could try going back to the previous page after appearing logged out and checking if it is still logged in or not. What kind of page are you seeing when being logged out, a page on your forum or something else?

Thank you for your patience.

Edit: If possible please also check if “X-LiteSpeed-Cache: hit” is appearing in your response header after being logged out.

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I would describe it as not truly being logged out, but the page displaying what looks like I am not logged in, then I can go to another page and it's logged in again. So one second I see my logged in name on the menu bar, then it's gone and login links appear at page top, then another page and I'm logged in again. I'll turn it on again and try some testing.

ok, well I re-enabled and after re-enabling and clicking 1 link on the site I appeared logged out. I'm unsure how to check response headers.. I've disabled for now as the site is busy..

I think after you changed the setting, you did not flush the cache. You can delete the cache storage folder, then restart lsws. then enable lscache, and see if it happens again.
If still happens, we need to login to your server & check.
also make sure you set up cron job to clear the outdated cache files. you can find more info on our wiki.

I think after you changed the setting, you did not flush the cache. You can delete the cache storage folder, then restart lsws. then enable lscache, and see if it happens again.
If still happens, we need to login to your server & check.
also make sure you set up cron job to clear the outdated cache files. you can find more info on our wiki.
Hi, I changed my cache folder to tmp directory in my home directory /home/user/tmp/xfcache

i then restarted lsws

all the cache folders appeared in the new location. i then enabled the xenforo addon for lsws cache. went back to forum and several pages show me logged out again. All thread list pages show me logged in though. It's very odd. If you start a convo with me I can pass you my google IM details and maybe we can coordinate you having a look? Thanks!

*update - thought plaxing cache directory in root of my /home worked. The directory filled up with cache files but then 30secs later when viewing my main forum page it made me appear not logged in.

Last edited:
Can i use this addon with mddhosting or crocweb or I need to purchase a license.
As long as your host provider is using LiteSpeed Web Server with our LSCache module, you can use this add-on. If you want to host yourself, you can also purchase a license +LSCache module from us directly.

Top Bottom