LiteSpeed Cache - Community

LiteSpeed Cache - Community 1.0.4.3

No permission to download
I tried this addon and couldn't login to my site. After disabling it and restarting lsws things were good. It's still on my XF site but disabled.

I tried this addon and couldn't login to my site. After disabling it and restarting lsws things were good. It's still on my XF site but disabled.
Hello motowebmaster,

In what way were you unable to log in? Feel free to respond here or PM me with further details so I can look into this and hopefully get our cache back up and running on your site :)

In what way were you unable to log in? Feel free to respond here or PM me with further details so I can look into this and hopefully get our cache back up and running on your site :)

When this addon was enabled I was immediately logged out of my site's front-end, but still logged into admin.php and able to disable the addon. I wasn't able to login at all.

Was about to clear my temp files and cookies, but disabled this addon first and the problem went away without clearing temp files.

Hope this helps,

When this addon was enabled I was immediately logged out of my site's front-end, but still logged into admin.php and able to disable the addon. I wasn't able to login at all.

Was about to clear my temp files and cookies, but disabled this addon first and the problem went away without clearing temp files.

Hope this helps,
It sounds like you are being served from cache after logging in. Do you run any other web applications on your server (WordPress + LSCache plugin for example)?

Believe I've got it working. Followed the initial configuration steps better, and used the cookie-related rewrite rule in the virtual host config for my Xenforo site. The login problem came back shortly after re-enabling, but after clearing the cache and restarting lsws a couple times (instead of disabling the plugin), it helped me gain a better perspective and resolve problems quickly.

It's been stable for a while (y)

Last edited:
@litespeed.lauren and @Michael A. , sorry to keep presenting you with weird problems, but we rely on this plugin a lot and therefore seem to run into all possible weirdness :)

We're on HTTPS with the latest version of LS.

I've done my best initial troubleshooting here, but out of ideas...

Some users were unable to load our site on Safari (myself included, on Safari 8.0). The site doesn't even load at all, just gives this browser error: "The operation couldn't be completed. Protocol error. (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:100)"

Inspect Element simply shows: "Protocol error".

Then adding more weirdness, the site constantly won't load on speed tests like Pingdom.

So then I did the usual, disable all add-ons through config.php - suddenly everything worked fine on Safari and Pingdom.

Then one-by-one disabled every add-on. Once I disabled the LiteSpeed Cache add on, Safari and Pingdom worked fine. So it's definitely the LS Cache plugin, just not sure how to fix it.

As one final troubleshooting measure, I tried turning off LS Cache at the server level (but leaving the plugin enabled). Same problem. Actually, it's 100% persistent with this setup.

With both LS Cache and LS add-on enabled, at least I noticed a pattern where first load does not work, but sometimes the second load works fine. With only the plugin enabled (but LS Cache disabled), it always fails on Safari + Pingdom.

That's all I got - unfortunately, I need to disable to plugin until this is resolved, since I'm not sure what other important crawlers / browsers (like Pingdom + Safari) might be having trouble accessing our site.

We are planning to migrate our website this weekend to XF, and we heavily rely on LS Cache (which works 100% fine in vBulletin, no Safari/Pingdom issues), so would be wonderful to have a workaround by then.

Working totally fine on Chrome and iPhone browser.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Uninstalled the old mod from Slavik. Removed the old .htaccess code.

uploaded and installed the new mod. Set the Litespeed Cache settings to what was recommended here: https://www.litespeedtech.com/suppo...ki:cache:common_installation:litespeed-native

So, as soon as I set Check Public Cache to Yes, I am logged out of my site.

But as soon as I turn Check Public Cache to Not Set, I'm logged back in.

When I'm logged in, I get a x-litespeed-cache-control: no-cache, and when I'm logged out, I get x-litespeed-cache-control: miss as well as x-litespeed-cache-control: public, max-age=60

I made sure my .htaccess didn't have any litespeed config in it. Not sure what the issue is at this point.

First let me thank you for this great plugin and of course your perfect WebServer.

Would you please tell me if Private Cache should be enabled in LiteSpeed configurations for this plugin to work ?

Thank you

First let me thank you for this great plugin and of course your perfect WebServer.

Would you please tell me if Private Cache should be enabled in LiteSpeed configurations for this plugin to work ?

Thank you
Thanks for the compliments (y)

Private Cache should be disabled or Not Set for this plugin as it currently only caches for non-logged in users.

Thanks to @Michael A. I got my site successfully up and running with LSCache. Already seeing over a 1 second difference on initial load time with webpagetest.org.

Just wanted to make sure I understood, but if you have a $14.95 VPS license, it does not have LSCache available? Stinks, just paid to upgrade thinking I could get this feature...

Just wanted to make sure I understood, but if you have a $14.95 VPS license, it does not have LSCache available? Stinks, just paid to upgrade thinking I could get this feature...
Hi John,

To use this plugin your LiteSpeed License needs to have the LSCache module enabled. This is included with 2-CPU and higher licenses (starting at $46). If you don't need such a large license, you can purchase the LSCache module separately for an additional $6 a month, bringing your VPS license to around $20/month. If it is in your budget, I would highly recommend getting the module as cached pages can be served anywhere from 2-10x's faster than non-cached pages.

Sorry for any confusion, let me know if you have any more questions.

-Michael

Michael A. updated LiteSpeed Cache - Community with a new update entry:

LiteSpeed Cache - Community 1.0.2

• Added a LiteSpeed Cache Management tab to the top of the Admin Control Panel.
  • Added a purge all button.
  • Added a purge home/forum list button.
  • Added a Separate Cache Entry For Mobile option.
  • Added documentation for new functions in code.
  • Added support for [bd] Widget Framework.
  • Cache will now automatically purge relevant pages on "post edit” and "post delete” events.
  • Default Public TTL is now 8 hours.
  • Fixed a bug where login cookies...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Some user can not login after enabling the plugin:

Code:
Sunucu Hata Kayıtları
Hata Bilgisi
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type XenForo_ControllerResponse_View as array - library/Litespeedcache/Listener/Global.php:460
Oluşturan: Bilinmeyen Hesap, 2 dakika önce
Yığın Takibi
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Talep Yeri
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/giris/login"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["login"] => string(5) "Spurs"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"