[Liam W.] Thread Solutions

[Liam W.] Thread Solutions 2.5.0

No permission to download
also it would be great, if I could click on the Solution-Number in the User-Tooltip and see all threads the User has answered...

Nice Add-On
but It's extremely slow. INDEX is missing! After adding INDEX everything was fine :)
We've got about 10 million posts.

Screen_20190924115352.webp

Liam W updated Thread Solutions with a new update entry:

Performance Improvements

• Switch back to old system of having a field for whether a thread has a solution in order to prevent n+1 queries on thread lists
  • Add an index to the xf_liamw_threadsolutions_is_solution column to improve performace on user solution list
Note: This update may take a while to install on large boards due to the nature of the upgrade queries. Please upgrade at a quiet time using the CLI.

Read the rest of this update entry...

On the Forum Home we have well over 100 Querys (n+1). isn't really pretty!

Code:
elseif ($contentType == 'thread' && ($prefixId instanceof Thread) && $prefixId->hasSolutionPrefix()) // This allows us to maintain the linked prefix on the thread list, but also have all other areas show the solution prefix.
        {
            if ($append == null)
            {
                if ($format == 'html')
                {
                    $append = '<span class="label-append">&nbsp;</span>';
                }
                else
                {
                    $append = ' - ';
                }
            }

$append .= parent::fnPrefix($templater, $escape, $contentType, $prefixId, $format, $append);

return $this->fnPrefix($templater, $escape, 'thread_solution', $prefixId, $format, $append);
        }

$prefixId->hasSolutionPrefix()

Screen_20191128110349.webp

@au lait are you running the latest version? I applied changes in 2.4.1 specifically to address that.
I'm sorry. THANKS yes now it is installed! It's all ok!

A suggestion: A log about who marked a Post X as a "solution". for moderators. Or directly at the post who marked it

Last edited:
Hello,
First of all, Liam, I have purchased your add-on and I am very happy with that, congratulations.
I am looking for a way to make not possible to choose own posts as a solution, for people having created the thread...
I wish that they chosse the post of someone else but I do not know how to do that.
Is it something feasible?
Thanks
David

Top Bottom